Freshman Ellenson suffers broken hand, out 6-8

At least we got the injury out of the way before the season starts. I feel bad for the kid.. but I'm guessing this increases chances of redshirt??

I'm starting to think there is a curse surrounding the barn.

Maybe it's only during practices. A sign, if you will.

Think that's a good argument for a practice facility? I think so.

He probably broke it having an epic bro-fist with Tubby after a transition dunk due to some formidable D.

I like this

Heard Buggs was also hobbling a bit at practice yesterday (ankle?), so wonder how much we will see of him on Thursday...

The Curse of Gangelhoff never rests. It's stamina is amazing. We should see if any local Cub fans' therapy groups want to have joint therapy.

NM.

Sucky news. I suppose it depends on how quickly he really recovers, but yeah I'd definitely like to see him redshirt if he's gonna miss until New Year's.

6 weeks from time of injury = missing 9 or 10 games:

American
Toledo
Tennessee State
Richmond
Duke
Memphis-VCU
Louisville/Mizzou/Northern Iowa/Stanford
Florida State
South Dakota State
USC? (exactly 6 weeks from injury)

8 weeks from time of injury = missing 12 or 13 games (add):

USC
North Dakota State
Lafayette? (exactly 8 weeks from time of injury)

Especially if it ends up being the entire nonconference slate, barring other injuries I don't see much of a reason not to redshirt him. Thought the same thing before the injury.

I was pretty excited to see him play this year, but I think the best move is to redshirt him. Only downside is that Buggs ends up being the only guy in his class. We'd probably have to bank a scholarship or get some Jucos at some point to even out the classes.

It will even out when Tyus and Rashad only play 2 years.

I was pretty excited to see him play this year, but I think the best move is to redshirt him. Only downside is that Buggs ends up being the only guy in his class. We'd probably have to bank a scholarship or get some Jucos at some point to even out the classes.

Just means an extra season he will have to play with his brother.

He's going to miss the first half of the season. Can you imagine the field day the media will have if Tubby decides to 'pull his redshirt' halfway through the season.

19, I think the media would have another field day. I can see SoupCan on this one: "Redshirt used as snot rag". And the next column would read: Snot Rag should have been redshirtted from the shelf.

Seriously, given the situation of the injury and the time needed to heal, I would favor that we redshirt him, unless we have a need to play him in the Big Ten Schedule so he could help us win the B1G Title. Time will tell, Tubby will decide, and jamalo will complain either way.

Wally tweet: "Healing process is going great, maintaining great workouts with Steve Felde our strength coach, and Rodger Shippard our athletic trainer."

Go Gophers!!

Wally tweet: "Healing process is going great, maintaining great workouts with Steve Felde our strength coach, and Rodger Shippard our athletic trainer."

Go Gophers!!

LOL - not to be the grammar police but Wally sure butchered Roger Schipper's first and last name. But no hate on Wally, I love his attitude.

Top Bottom