Tory Miller 2013 PF Minnesota Recruit Update

Does anyone know if Miller's offer is contingent upon Gavin Schilling's commitment to the Gophers?

Juston Isom, a safety, # 20 perhaps on Mason's early 2000's teams?

>>Tory Miller, 2013 PF from New Hampton Prep (NH), tells me TCU, Nebraska, Minnesota, CU State, and St. Louis remain on his list of schools.

Why does it seem that, ever since Tim Miles started at Nebraska, Nebraska is so often going after the same players we are? Go find your own recruits for your crappy team, Miles.

>>Tory Miller, 2013 PF from New Hampton Prep (NH), tells me TCU, Nebraska, Minnesota, CU State, and St. Louis remain on his list of schools.

Why does it seem that, ever since Tim Miles started at Nebraska, Nebraska is so often going after the same players we are? Go find your own recruits for your crappy team, Miles.

Maybe because Miles has ties to the upper Midwest and has an assistant coach on staff who is a former gopher and Minneapolis native.

Man, I'm getting destroyed on the boards this morning.

My guess is that Miller is #3 on the list with Nigel Hayes being #1, Schilling #2 and then Miller. They have 2 scholarships so they may try and sign 2 of these guys but my guess is that Miller is the guy waiting for the other 2 to decide. Hayes is holding out for OSU and is unlikely to get an offer there so it comes down to Stanford and the Gophers. He is a midwest guy so that is in our favor. I saw Schilling play at the EYBL tourney in Eagan this spring. He is a bit like Lurch; stiff and mechanical with a marginal shooting touch. Great size and can run some.

My guess is that Miller is #3 on the list with Nigel Hayes being #1, Schilling #2 and then Miller. They have 2 scholarships so they may try and sign 2 of these guys but my guess is that Miller is the guy waiting for the other 2 to decide. Hayes is holding out for OSU and is unlikely to get an offer there so it comes down to Stanford and the Gophers. He is a midwest guy so that is in our favor. I saw Schilling play at the EYBL tourney in Eagan this spring. He is a bit like Lurch; stiff and mechanical with a marginal shooting touch. Great size and can run some.

I thought I read that Hayes was deciding between OSU, Wisconsin, Stanford, and us. You're suggesting he doesn't have a formal OSU offer yet? Is Wisconsin out of the running there too?

Hayes would be a really good fit for us. Also would get a ton of PT right away as a freshman, with Mbakwe and Ingram graduating.

OSU has offers to two 5 star PF recruits(Williams and Vonleh) and another 4 star(Trocha) so I think Hayes is not their main target. Wisco has already signed PF Vito Brown. They may not have another scholarship as they have signed 3 others. Hayes could step in and replace Mbakwe from day 1 here and possibly play with Jones and Vaughn on a top B1G team. Playing in the B1G would seem to be a plus over Stanford if he wants his family to see him play. Also, Stanford is a tougher school academically than Minnesota which may factor in for Hayes. Some of this is speculation I have come up with by visiting various websites.

That is bad news. Was thinking we'd be reading about his commitment any day now.

Seems unlikely he'll be a Gopher now. For one thing, we are of course hoping the 2 or 3 2014 scholarships go to some other fellows we're all familiar with and we won't have one left for Miller. For another thing, if he gets any better he's going to have a lot more interest, and being that he's not a local guy, our chances aren't likely to be so great.

Top Bottom