Gophers @ Michigan Tech

Gopher07

Captain of Awesome
Reaction score
Bad start, down 3-1 after the first period in Houghton. Hope they can turn it around, very lackluster (particularly from the D) so far tonight.

Ugh, 5-2 Tech now. Bad start to the weekend.

Pathetic. They look flat. Defense playing terrible.

Wow, wake up call big time. The boys got a big headed and read too many of their own news clips.

Brutal D and goaltending in the first two periods.

Go Gophers!!

The defense were embarrassing. If they are going to make such poor decisions, they then need to be willing to hustle to get back. You can't play with your head up your rear and lazy, otherwise Tech puts up five goals on us. Especially that first goal, Alt's ill-advised pinch followed by Reily overcompensating made for a real ugly play.

Gritty win tonight. We got Tech's best effort both nights.

Congrats to The Don on #600! He's only the 10th coach in NCAA history to reach this milestone.

Go Gophers!!

When this season starts to wind down, I think you'll see Tech's name up there near the top. Good club. Scrappy bunch.

Gritty win tonight. We got Tech's best effort both nights.

Congrats to The Don on #600! He's only the 10th coach in NCAA history to reach this milestone.

Go Gophers!!

Great milestone, congrats Lucia! I think the announcers said the first one to do it with only Division 1 games. I might be wrong on that. Either way, great to get the Saturday win. Going forward, we have to find a way to hit the ice motivated on Friday (I know it is just one so far this year, but it has been a problem in the past). Or schedule Saturday-Sunday series.

The defense were embarrassing. If they are going to make such poor decisions, they then need to be willing to hustle to get back. You can't play with your head up your rear and lazy, otherwise Tech puts up five goals on us. Especially that first goal, Alt's ill-advised pinch followed by Reily overcompensating made for a real ugly play.

Good thing they turned it around on Saturday night. They didn't give up as many odd man breaks. Their youth seemed to show on defense.

Good thing they turned it around on Saturday night. They didn't give up as many odd man breaks. Their youth seemed to show on defense.

It did and it really shouldn't. All of last year's defensemen returned. So if we want, we could put out the same six d-men we used last year and now have one more year of experience, so the defense should always be looking better than they did last season.

Agree, it shouldn't. The upperclassmen should be teaching and covering up for the Freshman. But every time you saw a Tech forward getting past the D to set up a 2 on 1, it seemed like you saw either Reilly or Skjei turning to chase. I'm sure they'll come around. Lucia obviously see's the talent and trusts them out there. But maybe ease them in a little bit more with some of these games like Lethbridge and the U.S. Development team, and use your 6 returnees in the MSU and MTU series.

Top Bottom