A great remedy to a dreadful football game, watch the #1 hockey team!

gopherinpain

Banned
Reaction score
These guys are fun to watch skate. I also like both goalies. Winter sports should bring plently of W's this year hopefully.:clap:

Wow, what a spanking!! We're scoring at ease!!

5-0 early in the 2nd at the time of this post.

Go Gophers!!

Lucia has built a powerhouse team with amazing depth, teams will not have a shift to rest easy against

Cautiously optimistic. A beatdown of MSU is a good sign. That sort of firepower will overcome any rookie-like tendencies that our goaltenders may have these first few weeks.

Preview

It would really help my heart if I had just one team, amongst all the underachieving teams (and one locked out one), who steamrolled its way through its entire schedule and lived up to the hype.

Cautiously optimistic. A beatdown of MSU is a good sign. That sort of firepower will overcome any rookie-like tendencies that our goaltenders may have these first few weeks.

Preview

It would really help my heart if I had just one team, amongst all the underachieving teams (and one locked out one), who steamrolled its way through its entire schedule and lived up to the hype.

I'm with ya. I try to never get too high or too low on any team I follow. But I have to say, at this point, Lucia's guys look the part of a juggernaut in the making. The way they took apart Michigan State was quite impressive. Just have to take it a weekend at a time and see where that leads. However, if they continue to play the way they did this weekend, it's going to be a fun year.

Knowledgeable ones: How does the scoring this weekend break down by line? I'm hearing about the distribution of wealth; how does it look on paper? What an impressive debut. I'm hoping this opening act reveals a genuine hunger to finish well. I have not seen them dominate MSU like that in recent memory, over an entire two game series!

Go Gophers!

Knowledgeable ones: How does the scoring this weekend break down by line? I'm hearing about the distribution of wealth; how does it look on paper? What an impressive debut. I'm hoping this opening act reveals a genuine hunger to finish well. I have not seen them dominate MSU like that in recent memory, over an entire two game series!

Go Gophers!

I'm not sure about how many points each line had on the weekend, but I did some rudimentary math and saw that nine different guys scored goals and 14 different guys had at least one point on the weekend. That's scary good balance for a weekend of hockey. From a depth perspective, this is the deepest squad we've had in a long time.

Forwards:
First line (Rau-Bjugstad-Isackson): 3 goals (1 each), 5 assists (Rau/Isackson 2, Bjugstad 1)
Second line (Warning-Haula-Budish): 2 goals (both by Haula), 6 assists (Budish 4, Warning/Haula 1)
Third line (Condon-Boyd-Ambroz): 2 goals (Condon/Boyd 1), 3 assists (Ambroz 2, Condon 1)
Fourth line (Serratore-Michaelson-Parenteau Fri; Serratore-Ryan Reilly Sat.): 1 goal (Serratore), 1 assist (R. Reilly)

Defense:
Schmidt-Skjei: 1 goal (Skjei), 2 assists (1 each)
Marshall-Helgeson: 2 goals (both by Marshall)
Mike Reilly-Alt: 1 goal (Alt), 2 assists (1 each)
Holl: Had two assists Saturday playing in a hybrid 4th line forward/special teams D role

It's an impressive distribution against MSU with ten different players throughout the team scoring 12 goals. Friday night had goals from 3 of the 4 lines while all 4 scored Saturday. Not only that but the defense, which only scored 22 goals total last year, popped in 4 in 2 games.

There were only 5 players who saw ice time this weekend and didn't score a point this weekend and two of those were the goalies. As talented as the top-six is, having secondary scoring makes Minnesota that much more dangerous.

Top Bottom