Another heart-tugging story from Dana O'Neil

I won't lie, I started to read it but I've got other things to do. I bet a lot of people do similar things to what Mooney did but don't get an article written about them. Should a basketball coach get more publicity/credit for good deeds than regular people just because he's a basketball coach?

Chris Mooney will bring his Spiders to The Barn in November.

It's refreshing to read these type of stories, 'cause most of the time all we get to read about is the sleazy aspect of big-time athletics.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...ieving-student-manager-men-college-basketball

Wow - thanks for sharing, I literally had to get a tissue. Dana O'Neil is so talented, and I love her work - and she told this story beautifully. Losing a parent is hard enough, losing a parent in that way has to be life shattering.

I won't lie, I started to read it but I've got other things to do. I bet a lot of people do similar things to what Mooney did but don't get an article written about them. Should a basketball coach get more publicity/credit for good deeds than regular people just because he's a basketball coach?

To recap, you're super busy. Too busy to read the whole story. But not so busy that you didn't have time to tell everyone A) just how busy you were and B) slam a sports reporter for doing a story on a sports figure instead of someone else outside the world of sports? Quite the combo you put together there.

I didn't slam the sports reporter. I was pointing out the seeming injustice that a basketball coach gets credit for doing things that most people wouldn't get any notoriety for.

I didn't slam the sports reporter. I was pointing out the seeming injustice that a basketball coach gets credit for doing things that most people wouldn't get any notoriety for.
Yeah, maybe so, but it certainly doesn't make it any less of a wonderful story. I suggest you read the whole thing.

OK, slow down. I don't do things to help others for notoriety. Most people are the same. But Dana found a great Human Interest story and shared it with us. I thought it was a great story.

On the scale of injustices in this world, this barely makes a blip.

Great read Hodger, thanks for posting. Dana O'Neil does a fantastic job seeking out these stories and bringing them to life.

Go Gophers!!

Dana is one of the best in the business. Good read. Good story. Always helpful to bring the human side of sports into our view once in a while.

I suspect Mooney did not do this for any noteriety, or even to attract a recruit. Sounds like a good guy doing a good thing for a friend in need. I'll take more of those in this game any time.

Top Bottom