Q&A: Big Man Reggie Lynch Could Follow Uncle Kevin to the U

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Big Man Reggie Lynch Could Follow Uncle Kevin to the U
By Chris Monter

http://www.gopherhole.com/news_article/show/180886?referrer_id=331171

Reggie Lynch, a 6-foot-9, 235-pound senior power forward from Edina (MN) High, is one of the top shotblockers in the state. Lynch recently made an unofficial visit to Minnesota and talked to Gopher Hole about the latest on his recruitment.

Lynch helped lead the Hornets to a 19-10 mark, losing to Hopkins in the Section 6, Class AAAA finals. He averaged 10.1 points per game, scoring in double figures in 10 of his 15 games. Lynch missed the beginning of the season after transferring from Bloomington Jefferson.

Lynch has received scholarship offers from Drake, LaSalle and Northeastern, but he is expected to see more recruiting attention after a strong summer for the Minnesota Magic Elite.

Gopher Hole: How was the visit to LaSalle?

Reggie Lynch: It was just like any visit should go. They showed me around the Philly Cheese Steak places. It was very nice. I got to see the practices. What school was like. Got to hang out with the players. Meet with the coaches and it was just like a great visit and I really liked it. There are not the highest on my list, but they are definitely a great consideration thanks to that visit.

Gopher Hole: What other plans do you have to make some more visits?

Reggie Lynch: I am thinking that I am going to take a visit to Drake within the next month. I’m not sure if this is happening, but we are planning a visit to the University of Minnesota again in the next couple of weeks.

Gopher Hole: What are you hearing from the Gophers right now?

Reggie Lynch: They are highly interested in me. That have already offered to a few guys and they just want to see how the decisions go with the players and whether they commit or not. They just want to see if I can climb my grades up a little bit in the next couple of weeks, which I am quite sure I can. .

Gopher Hole: Have you done many open gyms yet and have you had coaches come out to those?

Reggie Lynch: I have had four open gyms and I have been to all of them, but only one of them have coaches come to watch. That was this past Tuesday where the University of Minnesota, Drake and a couple of other schools came to watch me and Graham Woodward.

Gopher Hole: I think that LaSalle head coach recently told me that they are coming here soon.

Reggie Lynch: They have already offered me and they really liked me, but they just want to show that I am the only one on their list by coming.

Gopher Hole: Any other home visits?

Reggie Lynch: No home visits coming up, but we’ll see.

Gopher Hole: Have you thought about when you might try to decide on a school? Would you sign in the fall or would you wait until the spring?

Reggie Lynch: I want to decide in the fall, depending on if some of the bigger schools that can offer. If not, I might go onto the spring.

Gopher Hole: Obviously, Minnesota has a connection with your uncle, Kevin. Has he talked to you much about Minnesota?

Reggie Lynch: He just wants the best for me. He does want me to go to Minnesota, if they make the offer. Just like him. We’ll just have to see, if that’s what happens.

Gopher Hole: Is that something that would appeal to you to play in front of the hometown fans?

Reggie Lynch: Oh, yes. For sure. Minnesota is the only school in Minnesota that I would want to go to. Other than that, I would like to travel out, but definitely the U of M is one of the highest schools on my list.

Gopher Hole: You had a strong July. How pleased were you with how well things went this summer?

Reggie Lynch: I was happy with my performance. I had triple-doubles (points, rebounds and blocked shots in most games). We weren’t in the best of brackets, but we still did very good and we were 6-0, but we had to leave early for our flight. We would have won that bracket.

Gopher Hole: Was that kind of frustrating. I’m sure you would have liked to won the title?

Reggie Lynch: For sure. We can just say that we won that, but we don’t know for sure, but I’m pretty sure that we would have won that.

Gopher Hole: It looks like you have gotten a lot bigger and stronger since I saw you last. Have you been working on getting stronger?

Reggie Lynch: Yes, definitely. I am in the weight room all the time and in the gym all the time. I am up to 6-9 now. I hope that I can grow a few more inches.

Gopher Hole: What other things besides getting stronger have you been working on to improve yourself as a player?

Reggie Lynch: Working on the outside shot a lot more. Working on free throws. I am good at free throws right now, but I want to make all of them, instead of missing one or two per game and work on the footwork.

Gopher Hole: What other schools are you hearing from?

Reggie Lynch: I’m hearing from Fairfield, VCU, Iowa, Rutgers, Bucknell, Illinois and South Dakota and the high majors would be UNLV, Washington State and Minnesota.

Top Bottom