Tubby says Buggs/Ellenson may not RS, plans to run more, + more

I like what Tubby had to say, but he said similar things last off-season. I agree with Bleed in that the "we're going to run" comment has been said every off-season.

I like what Tubby had to say, but he said similar things last off-season. I agree with Bleed in that the "we're going to run" comment has been said every off-season.

I believe that he will run this year. You have to have depth to do it. Last year it wasn't just the bigs that were out but Drey was hurt for most of the firs half of the year and so was Welch. What Tubby seems to be saying is that he will pull redshirts if he has to this year to give him the depth he needs to run.

I am curious to see how this plays out. I am excited to hear the good things that Tubby has said about Big Mo! What a huge boost that would be if he was a big time contributor.

Go Gophers!

You have to have good PG play to be able to push it. That is something we hadn't had for a couple of years before the very end of last season. With Dre at the helm we are going to push it. We have a great roster for it. Imagine EE/Mo pulling down the board, out letting to Dre, with Rodney and Austin running along each sideline and Trevor going to the block. Lots of athleticism to work with in transition.

I thought the tempo did actually pick up last year. But in B1G play, it's just so hard to really "run" a lot. But yeah, Tubby says it every year, there's a big difference in what you WANT to do and what you CAN/WILL do.

But good that he envisions that lineup being a part of the regular rotation, cause I'd like to think it could do damage with Mbakwe at C and Rodney at the 4.

Redshirting in basketball is almost always a stupid thing to do. The only exception that makes sense is giving a developmental big man time to get bigger and stronger. It would be especially stupid in this case because it would completely vacate a class of scholarships. You can do that if you're willing to go short-handed a year or two, but I don't get the sense that Tubby is ever willing to do that.

pretty lame stuff, we may not redshirt... means we may or may not redshirt,which means nothing. Then we got perhaps his best team ever here maybe sweet 16, then he says we might even be better in the big ten then last season, Does doogie make this stuff up!

I thought the tempo did actually pick up last year. But in B1G play, it's just so hard to really "run" a lot. But yeah, Tubby says it every year, there's a big difference in what you WANT to do and what you CAN/WILL do.

But good that he envisions that lineup being a part of the regular rotation, cause I'd like to think it could do damage with Mbakwe at C and Rodney at the 4.

Andre really didn't play alot until midway through the B1G season, when he became a stater the Gophers ran more.

Andre really didn't play alot until midway through the B1G season, when he became a stater they Gophers ran more.

Started the first 10 games of the year... but, I think the running had mostly to do with the competition (bad defenses that played a faster pace).

I like this thinking, although it's hard to predict the future and what you will have at the time as far as recruits down the line. Also, if it takes Wally (or any true freshman for that matter) until his Junior season to get it together, but ends up being a great B1G player who didn't play at all his freshman year, don't you look at that as a waste of a season?

pretty lame stuff, we may not redshirt... means we may or may not redshirt,which means nothing. Then we got perhaps his best team ever here maybe sweet 16, then he says we might even be better in the big ten then last season, Does doogie make this stuff up!

It's called Tubby Talk.

While I agree, "we're going to run" sounds like a tired mantra, this year we have the BIGS to do it. Once Trevor went down last year, the Gophers could not effectively rebound. With Trevor and either EE or Mo on the floor, this team will have the capacity to rebound and run, if Dre can take care of the ball with the second pass, because Austin and Rodney can finish, among others. That could be a potent offensive weapon with this year's depth.

While I agree, "we're going to run" sounds like a tired mantra, this year we have the BIGS to do it. Once Trevor went down last year, the Gophers could not effectively rebound. With Trevor and either EE or Mo on the floor, this team will have the capacity to rebound and run, if Dre can take care of the ball with the second pass, because Austin and Rodney can finish, among others. That could be a potent offensive weapon with this year's depth.

Was going to say the same thing. Hard to run when you only have one real rebounding presence. Plus in the B10 teams like MSU and others emphasize D so much that they are very hard to run on. You can try to up the tempo but Tubby's offense isn't really quick tempo, quick shot friendly either. This year though we may have the talent to be able to play effective half court offense as we won't be relying on unathletic guards to create shots for poor shooters and inexperienced bigs. We'll have about 7 guys you have to be pretty comfortable with taking shots this year

About the only way to run in the Big Ten unless your name is Izzo is off steals.

About the only way to run in the Big Ten unless your name is Izzo is off steals.

For your information, Tubby's teams in UK did run against MSU. They won some and lost some. The team that would be the most difficult one to run against is Wisky. The do go back very fast. Other B1G teams are good too but not as good as MSU or Wisky. That's just my opinion.

Go Gophers

Top Bottom