Gophers showing interest in JUCO Dan Edozie UPDATED (10/3): Commits to Gophers

Big need for a PF in the 2013 class, with Mbwake and Ingram graduating they will be thin, I'm not sure Buggs or Oseniek are really PF's in the B1G mode.

I must say that's one of the most amusing highlight vids I've ever seen... not exactly inspiring.

The recruiting bar appears be dropping lower every day.

Man, what a worthless video. What is a video of a 6'8" guy dribbling and dunking against no defense supposed to show the viewer? He may be the greatest player in the history of basketball, or he may be the worst college basketball player ever, but that video reveals nothing. I don't know what their actual intent is, but the vibe I get is "attempting to dupe someone into giving this guy a scholarship by revealing nothing".

Edozie does not have a Rivals, Scout, ESPN, or 247 account.

I could go out right now and make a highlight video like that which MIGHT be more impressive....how embarassing for a supposed D1 recruit that his "highlight" video shows him making about 25% of his pull-up jumpers from the FREE THROW LINE! Give me an hour and I could look like an 80% 3 point shooter with a little editing skill....YIKES.

I could go out right now and make a highlight video like that which MIGHT be more impressive....how embarassing for a supposed D1 recruit that his "highlight" video shows him making about 25% of his pull-up jumpers from the FREE THROW LINE! Give me an hour and I could look like an 80% 3 point shooter with a little editing skill....YIKES.

Tubby earning every bit of the extension dollars!!!! People on the board will be recitiing the Tubby national championhip mantra as we become the Steve Yoder version of the Badgers!!!

Tubby earning every bit of the extension dollars!!!! People on the board will be recitiing the Tubby national championhip mantra as we become the Steve Yoder version of the Badgers!!!
Here we go...Tubby Bashing in September already.....give it a rest.

As far as the video....not sure you should post one while missing shots.

The video might be lame but it has no bearing on his ability and Tubby recruiting him, they are going to evaluate him based on workouts and actual games they've seen him play.

The video might be lame but it has no bearing on his ability and Tubby recruiting him, they are going to evaluate him based on workouts and actual games they've seen him play.
Agree.

This is not necessarily true. I can't remember if it was Mav or Chip, but we offered one of the two without ever watching him play and only evaluating one video supplied by a coach.

Go Gophers!!

This is not necessarily true. I can't remember if it was Mav or Chip, but we offered one of the two without ever watching him play and only evaluating one video supplied by a coach.

Go Gophers!!
Yeah Bleed, that's the first thing I thought of when reading the post by jovs.

Here we go...Tubby Bashing in September already.....give it a rest.

As far as the video....not sure you should post one while missing shots.

Its ok Parski1. Hopefully, our kids will play their hearts out this season and show these so-called-fans what they can do. I know that I have said this for the last 2 years, I really hope that Mav. will play his best basketball. This kid has taken so much crap from many people for not being a BG1 type player.

Go Gophers

Go Gophers!!

It was Chip. And wow, they watched more than one highlight video. They talked with his HS and AAU coach, and watched as much film as they could.

PP reports Daniel Edozie official visit this week

PiPress Gophers Now ‏@GophersNow
Expect the #Gophers to get an official visit this week from 6-8, 240-pound Tyler Junior College (Texas) forward Daniel Edozie.

I'm pretty sure he travels by shuffling his feet on the catch and shoot portion too. Hopefully, I'm wrong or we at least have replacement refs by the time he comes on board.

Tubby is actually pretty good at getting below the radar guys. Not saying they've all been good, but Paul Carter, Chip, and Andre Ingram were all at least decent depth guys. Bostick and Mav not so much.

Hell, Carter is the only Minnesota player under Tubby that has even sniffed the NBA.

Tubby is actually pretty good at getting below the radar guys. Not saying they've all been good, but Paul Carter, Chip, and Andre Ingram were all at least decent depth guys. Bostick and Mav not so much.

Hell, Carter is the only Minnesota player under Tubby that has even sniffed the NBA.

Has Rodney not sniffed the NBA? I mean, mock drafts in the last couple of years expect Rodney to go in the second round. In 2013 he's expected to be the 15th pick in the 2nd round. http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Rodney-Williams-5791/

Has Rodney not sniffed the NBA? I mean, mock drafts in the last couple of years expect Rodney to go in the second round. In 2013 he's expected to be the 15th pick in the 2nd round. http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Rodney-Williams-5791/

Rodney is still playing here, hence he hasn't "sniffed" the NBA. I'm pretty sure he's talking guys who have graduated already. I think Paul Carter's the only Tubby kid who's at least been in a training camp, even if for a short period.

Rodney is still playing here, hence he hasn't "sniffed" the NBA. I'm pretty sure he's talking guys who have graduated already. I think Paul Carter's the only Tubby kid who's at least been in a training camp, even if for a short period.

So then we're limiting our focus of Tubby's NBA success to three players: PC, Bostick (not sure if he graduated), and Sampson? Nice job on the 1/3 then Tubby!

EDIT: Devoe did end up graduating from Oregon last year. Played on the Raptors' summer league in Toronto. Did pretty well but couldn't get an offer to play on the practice squad, but an assistant coach had optimism. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...pects-who-could-be-the-next-jeremy-lin/page/7

Does that count as a sniff?

So then we're limiting our focus of Tubby's NBA success to three players: PC, Bostick (not sure if he graduated), and Sampson? Nice job on the 1/3 then Tubby!

EDIT: Devoe did end up graduating from Oregon last year. Played on the Raptors' summer league in Toronto. Did pretty well but couldn't get an offer to play on the practice squad, but an assistant coach had optimism. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...pects-who-could-be-the-next-jeremy-lin/page/7

Does that count as a sniff?

Yep.

Westy played in the NBADL two season ago and at the beginning of last. DJ played the most, if not entire season as did Paul Carter. Al played a couple of games too.

NBADL and summer league are a long way from the NBA, but it's a 'sniff'.

Just what this program needs: A plodding, unranked recruit who will do a decent job of "filling a spot." Why haven't any other teams recruited this guy? With every offer, I get more and more frustrated with Tubby Smith's recruiting style. It's almost like he tries NOT to recruit kids that are in the top 150. How does a program from the B1G (potentially) sign a player that hasn't been evaluated by ANY major recruiting databases? How did he fall that far under the radar? I'll wait for Dpodoll to respond.

Just what this program needs: A plodding, unranked recruit who will do a decent job of "filling a spot." Why haven't any other teams recruited this guy? With every offer, I get more and more frustrated with Tubby Smith's recruiting style. It's almost like he tries NOT to recruit kids that are in the top 150. How does a program from the B1G (potentially) sign a player that hasn't been evaluated by ANY major recruiting databases? How did he fall that far under the radar? I'll wait for Dpodoll to respond.

I don't know about you, morongopher, but the OP is titled showing interest in...

Fly off the handle much? Sheesh.

Apparently, Tubby needs someone to fill the Ingram role after he is gone!!

Also, how many recruits do you think that Jerry Kill offers by just viewing film and speaking to the coaches (re: earlier reference to Chip)? How large is the football roster relative to the basketball roster?

Also, how many recruits do you think that Jerry Kill offers by just viewing film and speaking to the coaches

Probably most of them, actually. You show that you don't know much about football recruiting at all.

Ingram is a better player than most think, he should have a decent season backing up Trev.

Guy needs to stop missing dunks though.

Also, how many recruits do you think that Jerry Kill offers by just viewing film and speaking to the coaches (re: earlier reference to Chip)? How large is the football roster relative to the basketball roster?

Might be wrong here, but didn't they do exactly that for Derrick Wells? You know, the sophomore who is arguably the best defensive back on the team? By the way, last I heard we haven't even offered Edozie.

Top Bottom