GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Q&A: Cedric Hankerson on Gophers Visit: "I loved it. I loved everything."

Cedric Hankerson on Gophers Visit: "I loved it. I loved everything."
By Chris Monter

http://www.gopherhole.com/news_article/show/176349?referrer_id=331171

Cedric Hankerson, a 6-foot-4, 195-pound guard from Miami (FL) Coral Reef, was one of three visitors to Minnesota this weekend. GopherHole caught up with Hankerson Saturday to learn the latest on visit.

Hankerson averaged 22.9 points and 11.4 rebounds per game as a junior and shot 43% from the field, 29% from three-point range and 77% from the line. The Barracudas finished 20-7, losing to Miami Columbus 75-69 in the state playoffs.

Hankerson is the younger brother of former Alabama guard Charles Hankerson, who transferred to Wyoming after the 2011-12 season. His father, Charles Sr, played basketball at Hampton and is second all-time in assists in school history and helped coach the Gold Coast program. He also joined his son this weekend at Minnesota.

Gopher Hole: You got in Friday. What all have you had a chance to do so far?

Cedric Hankerson: I’ve seen the whole campus. I’ve seen the gym. I put up some shots in the gym this morning. I saw the players work out. I hung out with the players and I loved it. I loved it. I loved everything.

Gopher Hole: I know that you have a couple of other visits scheduled. I think you are going to Boston University next weekend.

Cedric Hankerson: I am going to Boston next weekend, Virginia Tech the following weekend and then probably the U of Penn after Virginia Tech.

Gopher Hole: Do you see yourself making a decision sooner than later?

Cedric Hankerson: It is hard to tell. I was going to go home and discuss everything that I experienced here and everything with my parents, but so far I am loving it.

Gopher Hole: Do you have any open gyms scheduled coming up that coaches are going to try to attend?

Cedric Hankerson: I have Virginia Tech coming to see me Monday and I have a home visit with FIU (Florida International) this weekend and I believe that Boston University is coming this week.

Gopher Hole: Have you had much of a chance to do things team-wise?

Cedric Hankerson: We had our first practice on Wednesday and that was my first practice back personally, because I had a leg injury, so that was my first practice back. We are looking really good.

Gopher Hole: What was the injury?

Cedric Hankerson: I tore my plantaris muscle in my calf. I am back now and it feels great. I’m ready to get going.

Gopher Hole: You obviously had a long summer, so in a way, it was probably not a horrible thing because it gave you time to rest.

Cedric Hankerson: It gave me time to rest and everything, so you could say it was a good time to get hurt. I guess.

Gopher Hole: What about the expectations for the upcoming season?

Cedric Hankerson: The expectations are that we really want to win state. That is like the main goal because my brother got one, so I have to get one before I leave. I have to.

Gopher Hole: Are you going to try to go out to Wyoming for a visit?

Cedric Hankerson: No. I decided to let my brother do his own thing over there and keep his own name. I don’t want him to have the pressure of having me there with him.

Top Bottom