Gophers at the Fair

cheeseheadgophfan

Reaction score
Took the wife and kids to the Fair yesterday....the basketball team signed autographs for about 1/2 hour outside the U of M building. The guys couldn't have been more polite and accomodating...I think all of the players were there except for Trevor. My seven year old asked Rodney for a picture and he was cool. They had a little conversation and that's all my son talked about the rest of the day! Told Rodney and Joe to keep working on Tyus and Vaughn and Rodney's reply was "I do.....every day!"

Go Gophers!

Nice work! Sounds like a good time! :)I wonder when the tight people on this message board are going to freak out and complain that you just committed some sort of NCAA recruiting violation.

Took the wife and kids to the Fair yesterday....the basketball team signed autographs for about 1/2 hour outside the U of M building. The guys couldn't have been more polite and accomodating...I think all of the players were there except for Trevor. My seven year old asked Rodney for a picture and he was cool. They had a little conversation and that's all my son talked about the rest of the day! Told Rodney and Joe to keep working on Tyus and Vaughn and Rodney's reply was "I do.....every day!"

Go Gophers!

The best thing he can do to "work on" Vaughn and Jones is to tear it up on the court this year.

Listened to Sid and Dave interview Austin and Rodney on The Sports Huddle yesterday morning - Sid asked Austin what it is like playing point guard in the BT .. Another head-shaker by Sidney.

Listened to Sid and Dave interview Austin and Rodney on The Sports Huddle yesterday morning - Sid asked Austin what it is like playing point guard in the BT .. Another head-shaker by Sidney.

That was followed by an interview an with pres kaler. Kaler said the new practice facilities for bb and fb would have to be privately funded. Later they were talking about the future of Williams Arena. Dave mentioned he thought the U could approach the legislature for any major renovation or replacement of The Barn.

Next up was an interview with Tubby.
Sid: Good morning Tubby.
Tubby: Good morning Sid and Dave.
Sid: President Kaler just said the legislature would help to build a new practice facility for BB.
Tubby: OH REALLY.
Dave: NO SID, HE DID NOT SAY THAT.
Sid: HUH?
Dave: President Kaler said a practice facility would have to be privately funded, 'I' was the one that said a renovation to Williams Arena could possibly be helped by the legislature.
Sid: HUH?
Dave: President Kaler said the practice facility would have to be privately funded.
Sid: OH

Sid has been 'a little off' the last few years, but this one was quite embarrassing.

Edit: That may have been before the interview with Austin and Rodney.

It is actually sad to listen to Sid butcher one sports show after another. I give him credit for his enthusiasm to continue working, but someone at WCCO needs to take him off the air as Sid is embarrasing himself and the radio station.

It is actually sad to listen to Sid butcher one sports show after another. I give him credit for his enthusiasm to continue working, but someone at WCCO needs to take him off the air as Sid is embarrasing himself and the radio station.

Here we go....more Grandpa Sports bashing. Are there other stations on your radio?

I admit that Sid is becoming monolithic, but if Sid is the biggest thing we have to complain about, we are damn lucky.

I admire Dave for the way he carries Sid, and still keeps listeners glued to The Sports Huddle.

Harry Carrey couldn't put two intelligible sentences together by the end & Chicago fans couldn't get enough. That's how I see Sid, he's our Harry Carrey, except he's a dick.

"Here we go....more Grandpa Sports bashing. Are there other stations on your radio?"

Name another sportswriter in the country that would still be on the air with a track record of total confusion like the scenerio described above.

Sid does carry a lot of tradition and has been an institution in Minnesota.....but I agree his time has come. He is not getting the job done. Not even close.

Top Bottom