Any DC Gopherholers? TV question....

94Gopher

Reaction score
Looks like I may be moving to DC after the first of the year. Anybody know if / how I can get the BTN?

As a Gopher who moved to DC almost exactly one year ago, I'd also like to know this. My apartment complex has a community room with Verizon Fios cable, which has BTN, but that kinda sucks compared to watching in the comforts of your own place.

I know BTN has an option to allow you to stream games by paying for them... anyone know the details of how to get that if I don't want to do anything but stream the games through my computer? How much is that for someone who does not have cable?

I am stuck with Comcast in suburban MD but they do offer BigTen network on 715 and 855HD.

i'm sure there is a way to get BTN. Might cost you 10 or 15 a month, but the B1G is a huge power conference. Someone should carry it. Check around with providers.

How good is Gophers All-Access? Or doesn't it stream the games?

How good is Gophers All-Access? Or doesn't it stream the games?

It's ok. I got it last year for a couple of the non-conference All-Access exclusive games. One game the feed didn't work at all and I missed the entire game. At least one more game (maybe two) had the video feed not show up until about 3/4 of the way through the first half. The other games were good quality, though. It was interesting to have Quincy do the color, though the play-by-play guy was pretty dorky.

It's ok. I got it last year for a couple of the non-conference All-Access exclusive games. One game the feed didn't work at all and I missed the entire game. At least one more game (maybe two) had the video feed not show up until about 3/4 of the way through the first half. The other games were good quality, though. It was interesting to have Quincy do the color, though the play-by-play guy was pretty dorky.

Does it carry all the games, or just non conf?

I get it on Directv. I have never had cable here, but I would not believe it if the BTN wasn't available on cable or FIOS. (You might have to pay for the sports pack or something).

Pretty much every Gophers hoops game is on either BTN or one of the ESPN channels.

The only time you get screwed is on that rare occasion when we're the "regional" game on CBS, in which case here in DC we're always getting Virginia vs NC State or something like that instead.... : (

Top Bottom