Gophers Hockey Host Q&A Session with Fans at State Fair

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Lucia on Minnesota's final year in the WCHA...
"Obviously we have a lot of history with the WCHA, and we want to celebrate that history in our final year in the league. That being said, we're excited about our future in the Big Ten and developing new rivalries while hopefully keeping some of our classic ones as well. We like our team, and we're excited for this season."

Helgeson on expectations for the 2012-13 season...
"We've got a lot of solid guys coming back on the blue line and up front, and you probably can't find two big guys like these two (Bjugstad and Budish), wheeling and dealing, anywhere else. It's definitely going to be exciting out there this year."

Bjugstad on his decision to return to the Gophers for his junior season...
"It was a tough decision, but my heart stayed here. We have a great group of guys, and we are excited about this season."

Budish on his favorite game from last season...
"Definitely the regional final against North Dakota. They kind of embarrassed us a week before, and it was nice to get back at them. It was just a great game for us...so much fun and such a great atmosphere."

Lucia on the 10th anniversary of the 2003 NCAA title...
"That was a special year...repeating as national champions hadn't happened for a long time, and it was a lot of fun. We had a great group of guys, and it will be nice to honor them later this year for their success."

Lucia on replacing Kent Patterson in net...
"It's going to be tough replacing an All-American like Kent, but we're confident in the guys on our roster. Michael Shibrowski will be a junior this year, and Adam Wilcox is coming in as a freshman out of South St. Paul. Those guys will both have a chance to see the ice, and they'll battle for playing time."

Helgeson on what food he was looking forward to eating at the fair...
"This is honestly my first time at the state fair to tell you the truth. I think I'm going to have the turkey leg...I've heard it's a big portion, and I'm a fan of having a lot of food at one time."

http://www.gophersports.com/blog/2012/08/gophers-host-qa-session-with-fans-at-state-fair.html

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom