Wisconsin loses by 4

XMan

Reaction score
So where does Wisconsin fit in the dance at 19-12?

They will be sitting in those chairs on Sunday night sweating like a fat kid in a clown costume...

Why is it that a Wisconsin loss always takes some of the sting out of our own loss?

I think Wisconsin is dangerously on the bubble. I've said it before and will back it up even more. They have 19 wins, no signature wins in several chances (Marquette, UConn, Texas), and got swept by the Gophers. They only played Michigan State once and Ohio State once in the BT season and had the luxury of 4 games against Iowa and Indiana (granted they lost @ Iowa) to help pad their conference record. If the Big Ten only gets seven teams in, I think Wisconsin may have the weakest case of all of the 8 teams with strong cases.

I dont' think they should get in over us, but still think they should get in over Penn State.

Really? I know Penn State had a weak non-conf schedule but they had some good big ten wins, including one in East Lansing. The Nittany Lions were swept by Wisconsin and that's important, but they also swept Illinois, had a home win vs. Purdue and the aforementioned road win @ MSU. Those are strong wins that Wisconsin doesn't have.

Yet, if PSU beats Purdue tonight...I'd say the Big 10 will most likely get 8 teams.

No doubt PSU will be in if they win tonight. And I'd like to see the B10 get 8 teams in, but would somehow like to exclude Bucky from that group. :)

I think Wisconsin is dangerously on the bubble. I've said it before and will back it up even more. They have 19 wins, no signature wins in several chances (Marquette, UConn, Texas), and got swept by the Gophers. They only played Michigan State once and Ohio State once in the BT season and had the luxury of 4 games against Iowa and Indiana (granted they lost @ Iowa) to help pad their conference record. If the Big Ten only gets seven teams in, I think Wisconsin may have the weakest case of all of the 8 teams with strong cases.

I think the Gophers are dangerously on the bubble. They played a pathetic non conference schedule and got swept by Michigan.

I think the Gophers are dangerously on the bubble. They played a pathetic non conference schedule and got swept by Michigan.

How is getting swept my Michigan any worse then getting swept by Minneosta? And what non-conference win do you have that is better then Louisville? What wins against mid-majors do you have that are better then NDSU, BGSU and Cornell? Just because you played Marquette, TExas and Uconn and got your butt kicked doesn't make your non-conference more successful.

You guys sure had a great non-conference schedule that included UConn, Texas, and Marquette.

One problem: you lost to all three.

Your best non-conference win was against a .500 Virginia Tech team.

If you think we're dangerously a bubble team, might want to check the resume for the Badgers:

MN vs WI:

1. More wins than Wisconsin (22 v 19)
2. Better RPI (40 vs 44)
3. Better non-conference wins (Louisville v Va Tech)
4. More Top 50 wins (5 v 4)
5. No bad losses (WI lost to Iowa w/RPI of 115)
6. Maybe most importantly, swept Wisconsin during the year.

I think we're in pretty good shape.

We swept Wisky and beat the #1 team in the Big East.

You guys sure had a great non-conference schedule that included UConn, Texas, and Marquette. One problem: you lost to all three of those teams. Your best non-conference win was against a .500 Virginia Tech team.

If you think we're dangerously a bubble team, might want to check the resume for the Badgers:

MN has:

2. Better RPI (37 vs 38)

OH SNAP!!

gvBADger

How is our OOC pathetic and you seem to think yours is so great. Who did becky BEAT in OOC. NO one, that's what I thought. Anyone can schedule 3 good teams, but it doesn't prove anything when you loose them ALL. becky will get in, because they finished fourth in the big 10. Two L to Minnesota should prove they don't belong in the tourney. If that,s not enough, look at how many games the blew down the stretch. This is not a good team your talking about. One and done for becky.:clap::clap::clap:

Badgers have a higher RPI, 3 less wins (less than 20), and no stand out non-conference victories. They only played MSU and Ohio State twice compared to Minnesota's 5 times. And oh yeah, the Gopher's swept Wisconsin.

The only thing keeping Wisconsin alive is a high strength of schedule even though they won zero of those marquee contests.

With that said, I think Minnesota and Wisconsin are both locks for the tournament. There is no way you can take Wisconsin and not Minnesota.

You guys sure had a great non-conference schedule that included UConn, Texas, and Marquette.

One problem: you lost to all three.

Your best non-conference win was against a .500 Virginia Tech team.

MN vs WI:

2. Better RPI (37 vs 38)

Exactly...

FYI, the updated RPI has Gophers at 40 and Becky at 44 after both teams losses this afternoon.

Gottlieb just said he would move us ahead of Wisconsin in the pecking order. If Penn State, loses tonight we will 6th in the pecking order from the Big Ten.

Not to pile on, but I think you're grasping at straws when you know that 44th in the RPI is not exactly prime position depending on how the conference tournaments shake out. The Gophers are in a better position.

Again, it seems like people assume Wisconsin should be in based on three factors:

1) Three tough non-conference games, all of which they lost,
2) a 10-8 record in the Big Ten, with one of the easiest Big Ten schedules in the conference,
3) the fact that they've been in the last several years (which shouldn't matter but almost seems to for some analysts).

They may get in, but I'm not sold, especially if Penn State wins tonight.

I've been saying that for 40 years now!

(Enrolled as Purdue frosh in 1969)

1969?!? did they have cars, electricity, tv and radio back then?! just teasing. i do not discriminate based on age - well maybe sometimes. btw - you are a great contribution to this board and don't ever let any of the haters (it is a small group who lacks self confidence but they will never admit that) tell you otherwise. thanks again!

Top Bottom