I think the Gophers will get a bid

StPaulHawkeye

Reaction score
I think they have a strong enough resume. Premature congratulations and best of luck in the NCAA Tournament. It's that time of year when I become a fan of each and every Big 10 team (and that is not always so easy - the Illini and Buckeyes are especially hard to cheer for :)) in a post-season tournament.

Compared to nearly any other bubble team you want to name, we are a lock to get the nod.

Here's why:
22-10 overall
9-9 in Big 10 play
RPI 37
SOS 37
5 Top 50 wins
Worst loss to NU (RPI 69)

They can't keep us out with that resume, period.

I totally agree that we should be a lock to get in.....but I will still be nervous until sunday night. Stranger things have happened. It is awesome to have the Gophers in the same sentence as NCCA bid, for the second time in about 8 years. Makes selection sunday a little more exciting.

WE'RE IN FOLKS! Selection Sunday's gonna be fun! I hope we get a good draw.

I totally agree that we should be a lock to get in.....but I will still be nervous until sunday night. Stranger things have happened. It is awesome to have the Gophers in the same sentence as NCCA bid, for the second time in about 8 years. Makes selection sunday a little more exciting.

I have heard the Gophers in that same sentence plenty of times.

"When is the last time the Gophers got a NCAA Bid?"
"The Gophers didn't get the NCAA Bid....again."

You get the point.

Compared to nearly any other bubble team you want to name, we are a lock to get the nod.

Here's why:
22-10 overall
9-9 in Big 10 play
RPI 37
SOS 37
5 Top 50 wins
Worst loss to NU (RPI 69)

They can't keep us out with that resume, period.

Agree 100% with this. Add on that we beat Louisville on a neutral court, who will be at worst a 2 seed, or maybe a 1 if they win the Big East tourney.

I figured the Gophers would get in. Call it a "gut feel". It's a tough bracket, but then it's the NCAA Tournament, so really all of them are. Congratulations and best of luck again.

Top Bottom