Kevin Lynch on KFAN

brucekaupa

**** Commander
Reaction score
So Kevin Lynch is on PA's show the other day and PA says:

"Who was your favorite point guard to play with? Bobby Jackson or (some other guy from Hornets)?"

So Kevin Lynch is on PA's show the other day and PA says:

"Who was your favorite point guard to play with? Bobby Jackson or (some other guy from Hornets)?"

Hire a producer who either has some foundational knowledge or is willing to some homework before the interview. Brutal.

And to take it even a step further, technically I'd probably say Jackson was a combo guard, at least while he was Gopher. Certainly he could handle the ball (and did, with aplomb), but Eric Harris was more of the true type PG for the 96-97 squad.

Pretty lame effort by PA not to know Lynch and Bobby weren't Gopher teammates, yet it doesn't really surprise me. There's no requirement that says talk-radio media must have true knowledge of what they're talking about. They only need to have the ability to act like they know what they're talking about.

And to take it even a step further, technically I'd probably say Jackson was a combo guard, at least while he was Gopher. Certainly he could handle the ball (and did, with aplomb), but Eric Harris was more of the true type PG for the 96-97 squad.

Pretty lame effort by PA not to know Lynch and Bobby weren't Gopher teammates, yet it doesn't really surprise me. There's no requirement that says talk-radio media must have true knowledge of what they're talking about. They only need to have the ability to act like they know what they're talking about.

Dan Cole doesn't even make an attempt to sound like he knows much of anything.

I think PA's greatest moment in radio was when he said (I'm paraphrasing): "The reason it's so loud in the new Seahawk football stadium is because of the low cloud cover...the noise from the fans has nowhere else to go, but to reverberate off the clouds and back down to the field/stadium."

I wrote PA off the day he accused Quincy Lewis of being a cheater(asked him what it was like to sit out against Gonzanga) and then asked him what it was like to play for Monson. Here you have one of the nicest most well spoken Gophers of the last 20 years and who now works for the University and this idiot asks a question like that. Quincy handled it like the quality person he is and I have noticed he is now on 1500 all the time. Honestly how long would it have taken to research it 5 minutes but because this guy is an ego maniac and has 5-10 jobs and loves to have his voice everywhere he didn't.

Top Bottom