3s and FTs

We can suck at shooting and still play Michigan State within 10? I'm fine with that.

FT's

That's what really bothers me about this. You can find a way to win even if you're not a great 3 pt shooting team. Poor free throw shooting will almost always bite you in the ass. It's especially frustrating in this game since we did a good job getting to the line. 27 attempts means your doing something right on offense.

MSU is a very good team...but the Gophers did not lose, the Spartans won. Izzo's Spartans are good at that....

Give our guys a break... Did you see how HARD those rims looked at Conseco fieldhouse???

MSU is a great team but you cant beat average teams going 3-16 from three and missing 14 free throws. Shooting has been and always will be the achilles heel of this team

Shooting has been and always will be the achilles heel of this team

Actually, up until today, our free throw shooting had been pretty good. I don't have stats to back it up, but I watch every game, and today is one of the few times this year I have come away disappointed with our performance at the line.

Im not talking about the line, I think they are 73% for the season which is decent, but our 3-pt shooting is quite possibly the worst I have ever seen.

Im not talking about the line, I think they are 73% for the season which is decent, but our 3-pt shooting is quite possibly the worst I have ever seen.

that penn state game 9-9 100% seems like a long time ago.

MSU is a very good team...but the Gophers did not lose, the Spartans won. Izzo's Spartans are good at that....

The Spartans definitely won, but it wasn't because they were unbeatable. I wish I had your cheery outlook on the game Doctor, but i think the Gophers most certainly had a big part in losing that game as evidenced once again by their poor 3 point shooting percentage and their uncharacteristic bad ft shooting percentage.

I am certainly not fine with losing in games that are winnable. If the Gophers were to shoot 72 percent from the line and 33 percent from 3 point land and still lose maybe I would be able to take losing to MSU a little better.

We played well on defense - we didn't turn the ball over - Damian Johnson is our best player - I'm thinking if we ever find someone who can shoot - this team will take off!!!

I loved the effort today. Last time we played them it seemed like we were intimidated and didn't even come out and compete. We came out noticeably more aggressive on offense, but once again became passive during most of the second half. I was disappointed in our lack of effort to feed the post, especially with the foul trouble their bigs had early. Way too many unforced turnovers again.

Top Bottom