Partial Season Ticket Refund?

Southpaw

Reaction score
Apologies to all if this has already been addressed, but has anyone heard from the ticket office concerning a refund for unplayed home games for which we have already paid? The season ticket price was set based on 18 home games (9 B10 and 9 NC) plus 2 exhibitions; this amounts to a base price of $33 per game (exhibitions are half price). Since we will be playing only 7 or 8 NC home games, what happens to the money that we've shelled out for the extra home game or two that will not occur? It seems to me that there NEVER was even a remote chance that we would be playing 9 NC home games so to collect based on that premise is a bit disingenuous. I suspect we'll be asked to contribute the overpayment to the Williams fund (no thanks), carry it over until next year or jump through a few hoops to get our refund. Worse case scenario would be if we're asked to absorb the loss which would effectively increase the per game ticket price which we paid.

Southpaw, I think you have it about right. The options likely will be to donate the excess amount to some kind of scholarship fund, or they'll send the refund. But like you said, who knows how long it'll be before we receive the refund. I could use the money right now!

I suspect the final amount of home games will be 19, one short of what we paid for. Pretty sure there will be one more non-B1G home game announced to the 7 we already know.

2 exhibition
8 nonconference
9 B1G

Agree that there was never a chance of being 20 home games. We already knew there would be 2 road games (ACC, USC) + 1 neutral-site tournament, making 20 home games (including exhibitions) impossible even with the extra Battle 4 Atlantis home game (Toledo). They had to know there was no way we'd get a third straight home game vs. the ACC.

I asked the question (addressed to [email protected]) in early April because the Spring Brochure included conflicting information and I understood that the likelihood of 18 regular season games in 2012-13 was remote.

In part, the reply included the following:

"The cost of men's basketball season tickets is actually $33 for 18 regular season games and $16.50 for 2 exhibition games for a total of $627.

Prices and donations are fixed but the schedule is not. If there are less than 20 games this season, you will be refunded the difference. We do not anticipate that there will be more than 20 games this season."

Organizations often make receiving a refund less than a smooth process, but hopefully the U will take care of business in an appropriate manner. Not to get into it much here, but the Minnesota Wild is disgustingly terrible when it comes to issuing refunds.

Top Bottom