SUGAR: Alabama vs. Ohio State

CHAMPS: Georgia Tech vs. MINNESOTA

ALAMO: Northwestern vs. Missouri

INSIGHT: Wisconsin vs. Kansas

OUTBACK: Iowa vs. LSU

CAPITAL ONE: Michigan State vs. Georgia

Go Gophers!!

Wisbone

That would be back to back option teams in Georgia Tech and Air Force.

Oh, forgot Syracuse is first.

Not a big fan of that match-up

Georgia Tech has shredded each of its last 2 opponents with their triple-option to the tune of ~ 880 yards rushing. Those opponents, Miami (Fl) and Georgia, have great athletes on defense yet were unable to defend a smoothly run triple-option. Georgia had 2 weeks to prepare for it to boot.

I don't exactly relish a Todd Reesing lead Kansas team at the Insight Bowl either. But then again I thought we would have no answer in the 2006 Insight Bowl against the passing offense of Texas Tech. Turns out my fears were confirmed in the 2nd half.

When will we know for sure?

And is this a realistic projection, I will be in Orlando over that week with the extended family for christmas and we're trying to line up thongs to do (Epcot center, seaworld etc...). Hate waiting on Gophers bowl game decision to plan other events.

Why in the world would the Champs Sports Bowl pick us over Wisconsin?

Why in the world would the Champs Sports Bowl pick us over Wisconsin?

They wouldn't, but Wisconsin is sick of going to Florida, so supposedly they are trying to go to Tempe instead.

Agree. Georgia Tech would be a nightmare for us. So would Kansas. We would have a shot at Ball State, even though they will be 13-0 by the time they play us.

That would be back to back option teams in Georgia Tech and Air Force.

Oh, forgot Syracuse is first.

I kind of like having a few extra weeks of preparation to face this offense and it should help for next year's home opener. Anytime you see something for a second time it makes it easier to understand.

Roof should know these guys well having coached in the ACC last year and he obviously has ties to Georgia Tech too.

Georgia Tech got Paul Johnson as a coach last winter/spring. Roof never coached against G-Tech when they ran an offense like that.

And is this a realistic projection, I will be in Orlando over that week with the extended family for christmas and we're trying to line up thongs to do (Epcot center, seaworld etc...). Hate waiting on Gophers bowl game decision to plan other events.

Nothing will be announced until the BCS is set after next weekend's games.

Triple Option

Ted Roof DID play against Navy and Paul Johnson every year...at least the last 3-4 years anyway so he DID have to face this very attack while coaching at Duke.

Honestly, who do we have a chance against in ANY bowl game this year? I'm not being sarcastic - I really want to know.

To me it doesn't matter all that much who we end up playing. Remember that the last time we ended the year on a four-game losing streak, we went to Nashville and upset a ranked Arkansas team.

Regardless of where we end up, it will be a quality opponent. Orlando, and we're looking at Florida State, Boston College, Georgia Tech, North Carolina or Virginia Tech. Tempe and it's Kansas. Detroit and it's unbeaten Ball State. Any of these games are worth traveling to, which is what I'll be doing.

FWIW - What UW fans are hearing is the Badgers for Baby Orlando and Minnesota to Insight. Works for me in that air fare is cheaper, can stay most of the time in Tampa, and maybe even catch the Pig Farmers in the Outback.

But as Nine mentioned upthread, Navy was an nonconference opponent of Duke every year Roof was there.

Ted Roof DID play against Navy and Paul Johnson every year...at least the last 3-4 years anyway so he DID have to face this very attack while coaching at Duke.

Good research. I was wrong, I guess I was just assuming that they didn't. Do you have any stats of how he did against them? Hopefully pretty good.

Top Bottom