Juwan Parker to Georgia

Jon

Reaction score
"Georgia's basketball program has looked to the state of Oklahoma to secure a valuable member of its expected 2013 signing class.

Shooting guard Juwan Parker of Booker T. Washington High School in Tulsa, Okla., has committed to the Bulldogs, choosing UGA over a host of other offers, including Memphis, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Stanford.

Assistant coach Kwanza Johnson was responsible for Parker's recruitment.

"My family has a good relationship with Coach Kwanza and Coach (Mark) Fox, and Georgia has one of the best business schools in the country," Parker told the Tulsa World newspaper.

"Coach Fox built a winner at Nevada and he's doing the same thing at Georgia. When I visited there, I felt very comfortable. I felt at home."

Parker told the newspaper he visited UGA in June and felt like the Bulldogs were ahead since that time.

The 6-foot-3, 195-pound Parker was the 2010-11 state player of the year in Oklahoma, averaging more than 20 points per game.

247Sports has him rated as the No. 2 overall prospect in the state for 2013 and the nation's No. 126 overall player.

Parker joins Faith Baptist Christian Academy (Ga.) point guard J.J. Frazier as Georgia's known commitments for the 2013 class.
"
http://georgia.247sports.com/Articl...177?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

The gophers aren't missing anything by not getting him. He isn't a good recruit, however... It should be slightly alarming that of the four recruits that had a gopher offer and made their decisions, not 1 picked the gophers. I'm starting to think tubby/jirsa are a bit ineffective as recruiters.

Winning is the best recruiter..

The gophers aren't missing anything by not getting him. He isn't a good recruit, however... It should be slightly alarming that of the four recruits that had a gopher offer and made their decisions, not 1 picked the gophers. I'm starting to think tubby/jirsa are a bit ineffective as recruiters.

ESPN lists recruits thinking about Minnesota ; Kyle Washington, E.C. Matthews, Chris Perry, Goodluck Okonoboh, Nigel Hayes, Gavin Schilling, Martez Walker, Sterling Brown, Alex Foster, Vito Brown, Tory Miller, Alvin Ellis...

http://espn.go.com/colleges/basketball/recruiting/school/_/id/135/class/2013/page/considering

Top Bottom