SI.com look at early-season tournaments

I kind of get the impression that in the short summary they are overlooking Minnesota.

mnsports255 said:
I kind of get the impression that in the short summary they are overlooking Minnesota.
How did you read into that? It's just two paragraphs. Did you miss the "zero weak teams" comment?

Agreed, Parski. Some people, especially 15 year olds, have selective reading.

Agreed, Parski. Some people, especially 15 year olds, have selective reading.

Haha, no its just that he said everyone would have a strong season, and its like he wrote "oh... And there's Minnesota and Stanford who could make the NCAA tournament too." That was supposed to be a playful jab I assume, correct?

Haha, no its just that he said everyone would have a strong season, and its like he wrote "oh... And there's Minnesota and Stanford who could make the NCAA tournament too." That was supposed to be a playful jab I assume, correct?

Well, the last few years we have gotten some serious hype, only to watch the team piss it away as the season wound on. I wouldn't blame a single reporter for being cautious about us this season.

Well, the last few years we have gotten some serious hype, only to watch the team piss it away as the season wound on. I wouldn't blame a single reporter for being cautious about us this season.

Very true. Lets add some of the fans also. At this point we all are careful about what we say. Hopefully, this group will finally do it.

Go Gophers

You and I share the same selective reading; that was "faint praise". Tip of the week: don't let curmudgeons indict you with your age. You see, when people get older they can become constipated in more than one way.

You and I share the same selective reading; that was "faint praise". Tip of the week: don't let curmudgeons indict you with your age. You see, when people get older they can become constipated in more than one way.

They also might just be a bit jealous that they are not so youthful anymore! But I assume it was just playful because Doc has been known for his jokes/sarcasm on the forums. But Doc could be better at joking. (Put a smiley face at the end of the sentence to let them know it's all in good intent) Because it's hard to tell what's a joke through a message board. Thanks for the backup. It really is easy to try to poke fun at me through this forum because they believe they have more expertise. Which I tend to disagree with in a lot of cases. But maybe that's just because I'm in my "know it all" stage.
Again, thanks! Go gophers!

They also might just be a bit jealous that they are not so youthful anymore! But I assume it was just playful because Doc has been known for his jokes/sarcasm on the forums. But Doc could be better at joking. (Put a smiley face at the end of the sentence to let them know it's all in good intent) Because it's hard to tell what's a joke through a message board. Thanks for the backup. It really is easy to try to poke fun at me through this forum because they believe they have more expertise. Which I tend to disagree with in a lot of cases. But maybe that's just because I'm in my "know it all" stage.
Again, thanks! Go gophers!

I don't think Doc was kidding in this post. He has said the same thing before. I think he is right. There are many 15-20 year old posters here. More will show up when the season starts. Even more will show up when Gophers give away a game.

Go Gophers

I don't think Doc was kidding in this post. He has said the same thing before. I think he is right. There are many 15-20 year old posters here. More will show up when the season starts. Even more will show up when Gophers give away a game.

Go Gophers

I'm very sorry if you feel that way about HS and college kids posting on here, but remember we are still going to school every day keeping our minds sharp while alot of the retired seniors on here sit at home most of the day. I happen to actually know alot about the gophers and just because we are young doesn't mean we aren't completely invested in our teams. It's not raising your status on this website by belittling any other members. I do contribute to the forum just like everybody else does! If you don't like the fact that I have access to post then just ignore me. If you learn to respect my opinions then we can just carry on as usual. Thanks to the users who are understanding and supportive of me on this forum. You guys are awesome!
-Cheers & Go Gophers!

I'm very sorry if you feel that way about HS and college kids posting on here, but remember we are still going to school every day keeping our minds sharp while alot of the retired seniors on here sit at home most of the day. I happen to actually know alot about the gophers and just because we are young doesn't mean we aren't completely invested in our teams. It's not raising your status on this website by belittling any other members. I do contribute to the forum just like everybody else does! If you don't like the fact that I have access to post then just ignore me. If you learn to respect my opinions then we can just carry on as usual. Thanks to the users who are understanding and supportive of me on this forum. You guys are awesome!
-Cheers & Go Gophers!

Its nothing personal. I have been attacked by some posters here as well. I actually know very little about basketball. I have played (and still do) soccer all my life. I enjoy watching basketball. I support my home state teams. I like those posters who are objective. I do ignore those who speculate. If you are in the 2nd category, I will ignore your posts otherswise as you said Cheers & Go Gophers

Its nothing personal. I have been attacked by some posters here as well. I actually know very little about basketball. I have played (and still do) soccer all my life. I enjoy watching basketball. I support my home state teams. I like those posters who are objective. I do ignore those who speculate. If you are in the 2nd category, I will ignore your posts otherswise as you said Cheers & Go Gophers
Alright good to know. Thanks for understanding! I really do encourage everyone to contribute to the forums. Everyones's opinion matters to me.

mnsports255, yes I was teasing you about your age, just a thing I do. And I agree that it is difficult to detect sarcasm and joking on a message board without using an icon to go with it.

The reason I teased you, on a different thread you made reference to someone posting at 2:34 a.m. and that not even you stay up that late, yet that post of yours was after 1 a.m.

I apologize if I offended you.

Stay cool, mnsports.

Doc

That's cool Doc! Yes I do stay up quite late so it was just interesting to see someone else up that late too. I thought you might be joking a bit. I appreciate it!

That's cool Doc! Yes I do stay up quite late so it was just interesting to see someone else up that late too. I thought you might be joking a bit. I appreciate it!

There goes the irony, I don't like those who speculate. I thought he was serious.

Go Gophers

I'm very sorry if you feel that way about HS and college kids posting on here,

It's not raising your status on this website by belittling any other members.

-Cheers & Go Gophers!

Thanks for posting and please continue!

I wouldn't be too sure Doc was 'up that late'. He may have been just 'waking up'.:)

Top Bottom