Talent, Talent, Talent and its all here in Minnesota; Advantage to the MN Recruits

Big Ten Championship

Reaction score
It is a huge advantage to the MN potential recruits like Tyus, Rashad, and Reid to have other recruits in their same state that are Really Really Good. They can play at home where they will be truly loved, while also having their families attend games.

Not to mention that they have enough talent to win big and become not only loved but legends forever. None of them will ever be remembered at one of the big schools; just another player there but something special forever if they win at their home team.

It is a huge advantage to the MN potential recruits like Tyus, Rashad, and Reid to have other recruits in their same state that are Really Really Good. They can play at home where they will be truly loved, while also having their families attend games.

Not to mention that they have enough talent to win big and become not only loved but legends forever. None of them will ever be remembered at one of the big schools; just another player there but something special forever if they win at their home team.

Agree with most of this, but they will certainly be remembered no matter where they go. They just woudn't be quite the legends elsewhere that they would surely be here at Minnesota.

I also agree but do you really think our in-state recruits will give that idea enough thought and base their college decisions off that? Most likely not.

As an Iowa State fan, if ISU doesn't get any of the "big" Minnesota recruits, I hope they all stay and play for the Gophers. I would love to see the Gophers back atop the BIG! But, as an ISU fan, this scenario feels a lot like the Harrison Barnes situation we (ISU) had a few years back. The ISU faithful was really hopeful (and some convinced) that Barnes would pick the hometown team for many of the same reasons mentioned above.

I really hope I'm wrong and these three pick the local school! I'm truly rooting for you guys (as a close 2nd, of course!)

As an Iowa State fan, if ISU doesn't get any of the "big" Minnesota recruits, I hope they all stay and play for the Gophers. I would love to see the Gophers back atop the BIG! But, as an ISU fan, this scenario feels a lot like the Harrison Barnes situation we (ISU) had a few years back. The ISU faithful was really hopeful (and some convinced) that Barnes would pick the hometown team for many of the same reasons mentioned above.

I really hope I'm wrong and these three pick the local school! I'm truly rooting for you guys (as a close 2nd, of course!)

Back atop the Big Ten? I believe the Gophers have one legitimate Big Ten Championship in the past 50-60 years haven't technically won an NCAA Tourney game in like 20 years. I would say getting in the top half of the conference should be the goal for now. If they don't do it this year, who knows when it will happen.

Back atop the Big Ten? I believe the Gophers have one legitimate Big Ten Championship in the past 50-60 years haven't technically won an NCAA Tourney game in like 20 years. I would say getting in the top half of the conference should be the goal for now. If they don't do it this year, who knows when it will happen.

I stand corrected. I grew up here (Minnesota) and every Wednesday, when I was young, I'd get home as quickly as possible from church to watch the Gophers play! To this day, Sam Jacobson is still on of my all-time favorite athletes. Yes, I know the Gophers "technically" didn't make that run in '96-'97, but my childhood memories tell me otherwise!

Gophers arguably would have won it in 1997 if Eric Harris was healthy. Maybe better that they didn't, as they surely would have been the first NC to have the title stripped, which in turn would have likely led to many unintended consequences

Thanks. Iowa State is definitely my favorite team whenever it is playing Iowa.

Top Bottom