UPDATED DAILY - Standings for BTT "Pick 'em" Contest

MNSnowman

An old timer
Reaction score
After the third day (Saturday): Maximum of 45 points possible today. See the next two posts for summary of the first and second round's standings. This thread will be updated Sunday after the Championship game.

While 18 predicted that Purdue would beat Illinois, only three folks predicted a victory by Ohio State (including yours truly). Only three of us -- Go 31, GopherGold and MNSnowman -- predicted wins by both Ohio State and Purdue on Saturday.

Here's the standings going into the Championship Round:
1st Place - GopherGold (40 pts)
2nd Place - Dr Don, MNSnowman and Zales04 (37 pts)
3rd Place - Go 31 (35 pts)
4th Place - Gopher In Qatar, GopherKev, MadisonRaisedGopherCrazed, UST Gopher, Warrior04 and XMan (32 pts)
5th Place - Big Play, ChemEGopher, FreshTrout, hyaluronic and Ski-U-Mah (29 pts)
Others participating:
27 pts - GoldenGo4Fan
27 pts - GopherHoleFan
27 pts - Indiana Gopher
27 pts - Jike Spingleton
26 pts - Josh087
26 pts - parkinglotgopher
24 pts - Dr.Gopher
24 pts - Gophers4Life
24 pts - Minimax
24 pts - Row19Gopher
24 pts - RW+RW=Our W's
24 pts - Sec 105
24 pts - What Up Guy
21 pts - SonOfMoonlight:
21 pts - Tubtastic
19 pts - Burton 34
19 pts - GopherCrazy
19 pts - Schnoodler
16 pts - MilesTones
16 pts - Notorious PLD
16 pts - Rouser
14 pts - ILoveTheBarn
14 pts - KindOfGreen
13 pts - Selection Sunday
8 pts - Winnepegopher
And for the Championship? Here's the predictions:

• Purdue chosen by 9
  • Ohio State by 1
31 had teams that are no longer in the running (25 for the Spartans, 3 for Illinois, 2 for our Gophers and 1 for Michigan). Afraid a lot of folks now in the top five positions may fall out given the large proportion of picks for Michigan State.

3/12/09 Standings - 1st Day Summary

After the first day: We have 41 participants and everyone had at least one correct pick. In fact, 28 got all three picks on the money. Nine had two picks correct and four threw the dart and got one correct pick. ;)

First Place (tie) with 9 points:
Big Play, Burton 34, ChemEGopher, Dr Don, Dr.Gopher, Go 31, GoldenGo4Fan, Gopher In Qatar:, GopherCrazy, GopherGold, GopherHoleFan, GopherKev, Gophers4Life, hyaluronic, ILoveTheBarn, Indiana Gopher, Jike Spingleton, KindOfGreen, MadisonRaisedGopherCrazed:, Minimax, Row19Gopher, RW+RW=Our W's, Schnoodler, UST Gopher, Warrior04, What Up Guy, XMan and Zales04

Second Place (tie) with 6 points: FreshTrout, MilesTones, MNSnowman, Notorious PLD, parkinglotgopher, Rouser, Sec 105, Ski-U-Mah and Tubtastic

Third Place (tie) with 3 points: Josh087, Selection Sunday, SonOfMoonlight and Winnepegopher

Here's the outlook for Friday's games:Michigan State vs Minnesota: 34 are picking MSU and 7 (including yours truly) said the Gophers prevail. Nobody picked NU to get past MSU.

Wisconsin vs Ohio State: 18 say the Buckeyes while 23 favor the BADgers and Bo.

Illinois vs Michigan: 23 predict an Illini victory and 17 called for Michigan to win. One (an Iowegian?) thought Iowa would beat Michigan and then Illinois.

Purdue vs Penn State: 33 like the Boilermakers, 7 are saying the Nittany Lions will gain a win (and I'd think an NCAA invite) and there's a Hoosier fan who still thought Crean could pull a miracle off.

I'm out, I had MSU like most winning it.

I have MSU also, I think I am dead meat.

After the Second Day

After the second day (Friday): Maximum of 29 points possible today. See the next post for summary of the first round's standings. This thread will be updated daily.

1st Place - Big Play, ChemEGopher, Dr Don, hyaluronic and Zales04 (29 pts) - perfect records!

2nd Place - parkinglotgopher (26 pts)

3rd Place - Dr.Gopher, Gopher In Qatar, GopherGold, GopherKev, GopherKev, Gophers4Life, MadisonRaisedGopherCrazed, Minimax, Row19Gopher, RW+RW=Our W's, UST Gopher, Warrior04, What Up Guy, and XMan (24 pts)

4th Place - FreshTrout, MNSnowman, Ski-U-Mah and Tubtastic (21 pts)

5th Place - Burton 34, Go 31, GoldenGo4Fan, GopherCrazy, GopherHoleFan, Indiana Gopher, Jike Spingleton and Schnoodler (19 pts)

Others who have fewer points include:
18 pts - Josh087
16 pts - MilesTones
16 pts - Notorious PLD
16 pts - Rouser
16 pts - Sec 105
14 pts - ILoveTheBarn
14 pts - KindOfGreen
13 pts - Selection Sunday
13 pts - SonOfMoonlight:
8 pts - Winnepegopher
Here's the outlook for Saturday's games:
Michigan State vs Ohio State: 31 predicted the Spartans will win and 3 predicted Ohio State. There are 7 predictions for teams that are no longer playing (4 for the Gophers and 3 for Wisconsin)

Illinois vs Purdue: 11 predicted the Illini win this game and 20 predicted Purdue. Ten chose teams no longer playing (8 for Michigan and 2 for Penn State).
And for the Championship? Here's the predictions:

• Michigan State chosen by 25. The tie-breaker will be important if the Spartans prevail.
  • Purdue by 9
  • Illinois by 3
  • Ohio State by 1
Three had teams that are no longer in the running (2 for our Gophers and 1 for Michigan)

If Purdue wins, GopherGold wins it outright and I drop down to 4th or 5th. If Ohio State wins, I end up the victor. It'll be the first time in a long time that I'll be cheering for tOSU in anything.

After all of the work you do, Snowman, I will root for you. That does not mean I am rooting against GopherGold. I am being PC here.

Top Bottom