Supreme Court vacates $1 million award for U coach's rescinded job offer

Good. The initial claim had no basis. The initial ruling basically stated that it was reasonable for Jimmy Williams to think Tubby Smith had more authority than his boss and that it was reasonable for him to act on that assumption.

I'm sure all the morons who ripped on Maturi for "costing the U $1 million" ad nauseam over the past couple of years will be lining up in this thread to apologize for berating Maturi for doing his job.

Good. The initial claim had no basis. The initial ruling basically stated that it was reasonable for Jimmy Williams to think Tubby Smith had more authority than his boss and that it was reasonable for him to act on that assumption.

I'm sure all the morons who ripped on Maturi for "costing the U $1 million" ad nauseam over the past couple of years will be lining up in this thread to apologize for berating Maturi for doing his job.

I personally wasn't mad at Maturi for saying no to a coach Tubby wanted, that IS part of his job. I just thought Jimmy Williams was a good hire and it was a poor hiring decision not to allow him to be here. Can't really fault Joel for that though due to previous events, I can see his point.

The court it looks like did now make the right decision here though.

I caught your sarcasm, dpo, but sarcasm or not, you know it will never happen.

Cost a ton more in legal fees & time spent than just a million dollars. You shouldn't have your employees doing things they're not supposed to no matter what the courts say. Goof up on Maturi's part & Tubby's

PS-dpo love your selectivity on when you care about what a court says. Very convenient.

2% chance that GW and dpo will get into a pissing contest?

Jimmy Williams is now suing the State Supreme Court.

Apparently the second the previous judgement was reached, he instantly quit his job and spent all the money. That's how he rolls.

Jimmy Williams is now suing the State Supreme Court.

Apparently the second the previous judgement was reached, he instantly quit his job and spent all the money. That's how he rolls.

LMAO +1

Well done.

I gotta believe if Tubby ever hires a new asst coach, he will mention it has to be OK'd by the AD.

Cost a ton more in legal fees & time spent than just a million dollars. You shouldn't have your employees doing things they're not supposed to no matter what the courts say. Goof up on Maturi's part & Tubby's

Please stop pretending you are Ron Rosenbaum.

PS-dpo love your selectivity on when you care about what a court says. Very convenient.

Why do you always do this? Why do you make some ridiculous and obscure comment, then skulk away to never be seen again when asked to substantiate? Be a man and respond to a question for once.

Practice facility money???

Jimmy Williams lawsuit dismissed - 1 million bucks saved!

Hey, if I win the Powerball today, I will kick in another million. So you're up to $2M already :)

Top Bottom