Katz Corner ESPN U

freshtrout

Reaction score
Andy Katz is interviewing many top tier coaches from the ESPN Sports Complex in Orlando ... Just watched Tom Izzo, Jay Wright, and others talking NCAA rules, and thoughts about their teams. It's a coaches marathon .. Wondering if Tubby is/was down there?

I watched a few of the episodes, and it was odd, it seemed like every SEC coach was interviewed. Maybe the location (Orlando) had a lot to do with that, but I suspect the SEC-ESPN connection was a factor as well. I saw Bill Self, Scott Drew, Dave Rose (BYU), the FIU coach (Richard Pitino), and mostly the rest were all SEC coaches. I heard that Rick Pitino and Calipari were in one episode, but I didn't catch that one. I saw Frank Martin (S. Carolina), the new Mississippi State coach (Rick?) Ray, the new LSU coach Johnnie Jones, the fairly new Tennessee coach Cuonzo Martin, and Billy Donovan. So almost half of the coaches on the Katz Korner were SEC coaches. In addition there were a couple ACC guys, Mark Turgeon and Brad Brownell.

Lots of coaches have actually been both places... lots of FL-Vegas travel this week. I've seen Tubby around here (Vegas) yesterday & today

Yeah, Izzo was pretty funny today. Wished Andy Katz would have asked him about his thoughts regarding the conference - but it was still a good interview.

I would imagine running GopherHole (If he really does run it) pays the bills and quite a bit more.

I would imagine running GH would pay for toco bell and a few cents more...

I would imagine running GH would pay for toco bell and a few cents more...

Running a successful blog nets six figures a year. Running the best website for gopher sports is the same concept.

afurry91 said:
Running a successful blog nets six figures a year. Running the best website for gopher sports is the same concept.

You couldn't be more wrong. This is a free site that relies on donations and has very little advertisers.

You couldn't be more wrong. This is a free site that relies on donations and has very little advertisers.

What? Does GopherHole only allow advertisers who are under 5 feet tall or something?

Lolololololololol. Maybe 6 figures if you include the decimals...

Lolololololololol. Maybe 6 figures if you include the decimals...

People on youtube make 6 figures not sure if this site gets that much attention but it should still be a decent living.

Think what you want, but whoever is running gopherhole is making a good living off of this website. There is more than enough advertising going on here to net a good profit.

Top Bottom