Sad: 2 former Patrick Henry HS basketball teammates shot dead this week

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Sad story: 2 men shot dead in St. Paul were Mpls. high school teammates.

http://www.startribune.com/local/minneapolis/163700126.html

I posted this on this board because some on this board may remember these guys from a few years back, in fact Hughes was getting some D1 looks including the Gophers early on, as he had unlimited range but his size really hurt his opportunities.

Tragic end to their lives.

Sad story: 2 men shot dead in St. Paul were Mpls. high school teammates.

http://www.startribune.com/local/minneapolis/163700126.html

I posted this on this board because some on this board may remember these guys from a few years back, in fact Hughes was getting some D1 looks including the Gophers early on, as he had unlimited range but his size really hurt his opportunities.

Tragic end to their lives.

I did not get a chance to read this story for a couple of days, but I think I know a couple of the older people quoted in the story who show up on occasion where I play some pick up ball. In fact it is possible that these now deceased young men showed up and played once or twice as well.

Regardless of what the two dead young men stepped into, there seemed to be a pretty strong support around them. It seems like the danger of associating with gang bangers and connected dealers on any level can catch up to you very quickly. The older people around these young men were fairly strong and have character from what I can tell, so this story was very sobering for anyone hoping to counteract the negative influences that might arise from hanging around career criminal gang bangers.

My reading of the story is one killed the other and then himself. Sounds more like mentail illness than gangs.

My reading of the story is one killed the other and then himself. Sounds more like mentail illness than gangs.

What I have gathered from other ppl that are close to the situation is that Hughes apparently gave Dela some drugs that were laced and Dela was never the same from there on out. He killed hughes and killed himself due to the drugs altering his mental state...crazy story...

Top Bottom