Which former Gopher from the last 10 years

rrjackIII

Reaction score
would help this team the most?

My suggestion would be PG Aaron Robinson.

I think he may have been the best PG we had in the last 10 years and guard play is where we seem to need the most help. Could shoot a little and could feed the post and very few TO's IIRC.

If you mean THIS team with THIS staff (i.e., a real coach, not a push over) then the answer is simple, The Hump. He was such a dominant scorer and rebounder it was incredible. Tubby wouldn't have put up for his black hole offensive mentality, but would have worked wonders with his physical style. The Hump is often forgotten because of how miserable we were that year and his selfish motives, but holy crap could he score and rebound.

Quincy Lewis still falls within 10 years. I'd take him. Vince Grier 2nd. Humphries 3rd.

AN is not a great floor leader but even so he is probably hurt more by not having a perimiter go to guy on the floor with him. Lewis is a good call.

maybe a work horse like Dusty Rychart.

I know I'm cheating a bit, but B. Jackson would be nice. Playing by the rules of the post, I'd say Hump or Pryz.

GrunkieJr...Nice! I second that! In high school, I was highlighted as some "HS Athlete Profile" thing in the newspaper, and my sports role model answer? Rico Tucker! haha. In all honesty here though, I think I'd go with Quincy Carter (he falls within 10 years, right?) He had touch, but could also take it to the hoop and was taller than 6'. Nice combination!

GrunkieJr...Nice! I second that! In high school, I was highlighted as some "HS Athlete Profile" thing in the newspaper, and my sports role model answer? Rico Tucker! haha. In all honesty here though, I think I'd go with Quincy Carter (he falls within 10 years, right?) He had touch, but could also take it to the hoop and was taller than 6'. Nice combination!

Quincy Carter was OK at Georgia but terrible in the NFL and a pot-head. I don't really see how he's help the Gopher basketball team much ;)

I believe his wiki says he was taken first round in the 1999 draft which would put him in the 10 years.

Vince Grier. The perfect slasher / scorer to free up our shooter and get easy dishes to our posts.

Dusty. He'd help the team work through the lapses of crappiness that are so common lately.

Vincent Grier. We need offense and a confident shooter/floor leader. Don't need Humphries' ball hoggery or Pryzbilla's post with Sampson in the mix. Give me Grier.

Last 10 years

If A-Rob was our best point guard in the past ten years that is really sad. I'd have to go with Vince Greer as being the biggest help to this years team. Behind him...Rickert, Rychart, Terrance Simmons, and Aliou Kane.....KANE IS ABLE!

Quincy Lewis. Plain and simple this team needs a scorer. Didn't he average close to 27-28 points a game for the last half of his senior year?

I graduated the same year as Quincy and we had a mutual friend. He is an unbelievably humble and friendly person. All-around class act and great teammate!

Miles Tarver graduated in 99. So he is eligible.

and why would anyone select him to be the player we need? We already have a much better version of Tarver - DJ. I still firmly believe that Clem playing Miles so much in that Final Four game against Kentucky is why we lost that game. He was a horrid offensive liability; and this year we don't need his rebounding or defense.

My call is Rychart at PF, Grier at G, or Rickert or Humphries at PF would be the most important guys. Jeff Hagen like he was as a senior would also be nice, as we'd have a definite inside offensive threat to open up our shooters. Aaron Robinson was always greatly underestimated though, in my opinion, interesting call there.

how about Bennet or Stamper. I would have liked to see Bauer on a Tubby team.

I was kidding with the Tarver call, the guy was a joke. He had a sweet 'stache though.

Are you kidding? There's only one correct answer, though there are a lot of people who could contribute. I would love Vincent Grier on this team. We need a guard to be able to just take over a game, and Vince could do that. He'd solve our offensive woes single-handed. Hagen and Rychart were great players, but nobody would be able to get them the ball. Hump was a cancer. Robinson was a good point guard, but wasn't a scorer. Grier would be the man. Q was good too, don't get me wrong, but I think he'd depend a little bit more on being in the offense.

Top Bottom