Iowa-Michigan

mchiller

Reaction score
Is anybody watching this?

Sims hasn't cooled down since the gopher game. GEEZ, the first 14 points were all scored by him.

Yeah Iowa is in trouble...Michigan's ticket is probably already punched, but this would do it for sure.

Can 8 teams from the BT really make it?

michigan rolling, would not want to be Illinois tomorrow facing these hot shooters.

Not to mention Chester Frasier is doubtful for the Illini (severe bruised hand)

Well, the Big 10 might be getting 8 teams! It's actually possible...I can't believe it...

Man, I was not expecting this. Michigan is just taking it to Iowa badly. Sims himself almost outscored them for the half.

8 teams would be great, but we need to win at least 6 to get any real respect for the B10. After everybody dumps on us for football, it would be great to be known as a good basketball conferance.

A little off topic but along the lines of conference respect. I believe no other conference in America can offer the well rounded college exprience that the Big 10 gives it's students. From academics to basketball to football to student life, the list goes on. One other conference comes close. Sure other conferences can offer better football(SEC-Big 12) some can offer better basketball(Big East-ACC) but no other conference can offer the academic quality top to bottom that the Big Ten. No other conference can offer the student life activaties both on and off campus(I know West Lafayette or Iowa City are aren't concert hot spots but neither are Pullman WA, Auburn AL, Clemson SC, or Ames IA). I just hope the football and basketball returns to the top of both basketball and football then it wouldn't even be close.

A little off topic but along the lines of conference respect. I believe no other conference in America can offer the well rounded college exprience that the Big 10 gives it's students. From academics to basketball to football to student life, the list goes on. One other conference comes close. Sure other conferences can offer better football(SEC-Big 12) some can offer better basketball(Big East-ACC) but no other conference can offer the academic quality top to bottom that the Big Ten. No other conference can offer the student life activaties both on and off campus(I know West Lafayette or Iowa City are aren't concert hot spots but neither are Pullman WA, Auburn AL, Clemson SC, or Ames IA). I just hope the football and basketball returns to the top of both basketball and football then it wouldn't even be close.

The only major conference that can even have a discussion about academics vs. the Big Ten is the Pac 10. They're really good at the top (Stanford, Cal-Berkley, UCLA, USC, Washington) but then they fall off hard and end with Oregon State and Arizona State.

Big 12 football has picked it up the last 5 years but for the longest time Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State (except for 10 years in the 90's early 00's), and Baylor were absolutely horrible so 1/3rd of their conference has a history that is on par with Indiana football.

Top Bottom