Charles Buggs

stevenmgr

Reaction score
I have been doing the Pro am games this year and I have been impressed by the way Charles Buggs has played so far. He has good court awareness. On the defensive end he always knew where his man and the ball was at all time.

I think this will be a help as he gets to know Tubby's system.

If by "system" you mean "aimlessly pass the ball around the perimeter until 3 seconds are left on the shot clock, then throw the ball wildly at the hoop" then yes, I agree

Mitchieboi said:
If by "system" you mean "aimlessly pass the ball around the perimeter until 3 seconds are left on the shot clock, then throw the ball wildly at the hoop" then yes, I agree

Zing! You must have been sitting on that one for awhile.

I have also been pleasantly surprised by Buggs play in the two times I have seen him this summer. He appears to be a couple inches taller than Rodney, is very athletic and loves to pass the basketball with a little flair. Some of those passes end up being turnovers, but his court vision is impressive. The one negative for me so far is that he seems hesitant to shoot or score himself unless it is a dunk. His shot appears to be pretty good in warm ups but he does not have confidence with his shot when the game starts. If he gains some confidence and some strength, he could be a strong contributor in a year or two.

CDH27 said:
I have also been pleasantly surprised by Buggs play in the two times I have seen him this summer. He appears to be a couple inches taller than Rodney, is very athletic and loves to pass the basketball with a little flair. Some of those passes end up being turnovers, but his court vision is impressive. The one negative for me so far is that he seems hesitant to shoot or score himself unless it is a dunk. His shot appears to be pretty good in warm ups but he does not have confidence with his shot when the game starts. If he gains some confidence and some strength, he could be a strong contributor in a year or two.

That's weird he has been tentative. When I watched the prep school game of his online, he had a quick trigger from behind the arc and didn't seem to hesitate. We'll see, he's got a year before we need meaningful minutes from him.

Top Bottom