Penn State Scandal and Big Ten Hockey Conference

Coolew01

Reaction score
I'm not a Gophers Hockey fan but, what would happen if the NCAA goes beyond death penalty for just footbal and kill the entire program? The Big Ten required a sixth team to join hockey(PSU) just a thought to ponder.

Go Tubby and Jerry

There would probably just be a huge wave of pressure for one (or more) of the other B1G schools to bump up their program. Illinois and Indiana both have ACHA D1 programs, and Iowa has an ACHA D2 program. I'd imagine Illinois would be the first to move up (it just makes a whole lot more sense than IU).

Maybe they can play a rotation of other schools' club teams. That would provide about the same level of competition that Penn State would.

Illinois if they add a 1,000 seats to their rink, they could have a D-1 arena. My little brother plays at IU and the Frank is no where near D-1, I don't even think a high school program would play there

This same thing occurred to me today. If I recall though, the PSU hockey program startup is being funded by one really large private donation, so it's not going to be a big deal. PSU hockey will be terrible though for a long time, and would be even if the scandal would not have occurred. The BTHC will have four good programs, and two really bad ones.

I dont think Ohio State is a really bad program. Their overall record is usually just under .500 and being in the Big Ten will only help their recruiting ability.

Top Bottom