Michigan's Trey Burke: 'We're national championship contenders'

Am hoping the Wolverines are one of several national title contenders from the B1G. It's been a long time since the B1G's last national crown (Sparty '00). Way overdue. Of the Big 6 conferences only the Pac 12 (Arizona '97) has been waiting longer.

They won't be as good without Novak and Douglas. Burke might score 40 points every game but that would be it. Hardaway is just like his dad. He will have on nights and many off nights. We forget what leadership on the basketball court is. Those two players that left Michigan, carried their team for 4 years.

Go Gophers

I agree, with Andre Hollins matching up against Burke I like the Gophers chances against Michigan, they'll be good but not final four material.

I would trade freshmen McGary and Robinson for Novak and Douglas. This team will have more size and skill in the front court and will be a balanced team. They will miss those two for their heart and leadership, but they are hoping other players step it up. Vogrich will be a senior and can replace some of what Novak brought to the table.

I remember an Ohio St team led by Scoonie Penn and Michael Redd making the final four with not a whole lot else but role players on that team. Burks and Hardaway remind me a little of those two with a better supporting cast. They have a shot.

I remember an Ohio St team led by Scoonie Penn and Michael Redd making the final four with not a whole lot else but role players on that team. Burks and Hardaway remind me a little of those two with a better supporting cast. They have a shot.

I also remember UK team with John Wall and CO. without any leader on the court. They won tons of games but not NC. It wasn't a Michigan game that I watched for the last 4 years that I was not impressed by those two players. Novak stripped the ball 10 times a game. The kid just had the best basketball IQ in B1G.

Go Gophers

They won't be as good without Novak and Douglas. Burke might score 40 points every game but that would be it. Hardaway is just like his dad. He will have on nights and many off nights. We forget what leadership on the basketball court is. Those two players that left Michigan, carried their team for 4 years.

Go Gophers

I think Manny Harris, Deshaun Sims, and Darius Morris might disagree with you there.

Very true. Sorry, I was mainly thinking about defense and we know how bad those you mentioned were on defense.

Go Gophers

All you need to win it all is a bid and a hot player or two. (see uconn)
I think that they have the talent to get in. And these guys can hear up.

They won't be a favorite, but they could hit lightning in a bottle and win it.

Top Bottom