some interesting thoughts from pat forde on mn/tubby smith in relation to kentucky

1st of all that is just strange. Now if they would be willing to give up a little cash that would be awesome.

2nd of all I don't if having a couple of Kentucky boosters hanging around the program is a good thing. Over the long haul they haven't had the best NCAA track record. The Tubby era was won of the few times in program histroy that the program was clean.

1st of all that is just strange. Now if they would be willing to give up a little cash that would be awesome.

2nd of all I don't if having a couple of Kentucky boosters hanging around the program is a good thing. Over the long haul they haven't had the best NCAA track record. The Tubby era was won of the few times in program histroy that the program was clean.

sounds like they are all good friends of both tubby and donna. so no harm, no foul imo

sounds like they are all good friends of both tubby and donna. so no harm, no foul imo

Don't get me wrong if they are good friends of Tubby and Donna and they want to be at the game more power to them. Again my concern is that UK basketball has had more than it's fair share of run ins with the NCAA and I really don't want that rubbing off on Minnesota. But I will state again that when Tubby was at Kentucky it was one of there longest spands with out a NCAA run in. And that is all on Tubby, so I'm not concerned about it too much.

copy and paste it please for the idiots like me who quickly scanned it and couldn't find it...thanks.

copy and paste it please for the idiots like me who quickly scanned it and couldn't find it...thanks.

INDIANAPOLIS -- Among those in the front row of the Minnesota fan section are a group of Tubby Smith's old friends from his Kentucky coaching days, among them Van Florence and Jack Burford.

Florence was the curator of the UK basketball museum and a program fixture through several coaches. Burford owns a car dealership in Richmond, Ky. They drove up to see Smith's team play in the afternoon and have dinner with him Thursday night at Ruth's Chris Steak House.

The single most telling thing about their presence sitting beside Tubby's wife, Donna? Kentucky is playing at the same time in the SEC tournament in Tampa, Fla. It's a sign of the dissatisfaction with Smith's successor, Billy Gillispie, that they were tuning out the Wildcats and driving three hours north to see Minnesota play.

Clean with NCAA since 1989 - Pitino, Tubby, and Gillispie.

I only saw 1 guy (not me) with Kentucky jersey today. He said he Couldn't Afford To Fly To Tampa so He Came To Indy To Watch Tubby.

Tubby thanked friends from Kentucky at Gopher pep rally

"it is about a bunch of kentucky boosters, etc. skipping the SEC tourney to come and support tubby and the gophers."

At the Gopher fan get-together last night (Thursday) at the Hilton, Tubby personally thanked some of his friends from Kentucky for coming to Indianapolis to support him & the Gophers. There was a table of his friends from Kentucky.

Top Bottom