northwestern = joke

dinkything

Reaction score
hadn't seen much of northwestern this year...but had begun hearing the possibility of the mildcats getting an invite to the big dance...and i'm a sucker for cinderellas...

so...i took an extra long lunch break today and watched the game...

wow...if anyone from the ncaa tournament selection committee was on hand...they would make sure the mildcats remained out of the big dance, not only this year, but for years to come...

too bad for coble...he's a nice player...but the 12 mildcats around him were dreadful :eek::eek::eek:

northwestern = d3 team, with one d1 player in coble...

p.s. looked like the gophers were pacing themselves for a long weekend...were actually down 49-47 with approx 5 min to go :eek:

Yes beating Michigan State and Purdue this season (which the gophers were unable to do) sure makes them a d-III team :rolleyes:

Hats off to Northwestern.

It would have been a great story. Not against us though. The " Mildcats " pulled off some pretty big wins this year and would have given teams that hadn't seen them before serious headaches. If they end up in the NIT I'll be rooting for them.

hadn't seen much of northwestern this year...but had begun hearing the possibility of the mildcats getting an invite to the big dance...and i'm a sucker for cinderellas...

so...i took an extra long lunch break today and watched the game...

wow...if anyone from the ncaa tournament selection committee was on hand...they would make sure the mildcats remained out of the big dance, not only this year, but for years to come...

too bad for coble...he's a nice player...but the 12 mildcats around him were dreadful :eek::eek::eek:

northwestern = d3 team, with one d1 player in coble...

p.s. looked like the gophers were pacing themselves for a long weekend...were actually down 49-47 with approx 5 min to go :eek:

To the contrary Dinky - I think they are a pretty darn good team and one that gets the msot out of themselves. Something to be applauded. They are not athletic but they have a ton of basketball skills.

it will suck if they end up to win the nit and we boast out first round ncaa...stomach ache!

Northwestern is a D-II roster of smart guys who are well-coached, play within their limitations, and over-achieve.

Yes beating Michigan State and Purdue this season (which the gophers were unable to do) sure makes them a d-III team :rolleyes:

again...i am not judging their 2008-'09 'body of work'...as i haven't seen much of them lately...but, with the exception of goble, they looked like the mildcats of recent decades :eek::eek::eek:

not only did they NOT look like an ncaa tournament team...they really didn't look like a d1 team...

good for tubby and the gophers...will not be awarded any style points...but took care of business :cool02:

TcGold...are you saying you would rather win the NIT championship than play a game in the NCAA?

again...i am not judging their 2008-'09 'body of work'...as i haven't seen much of them lately...but, with the exception of goble, they looked like the mildcats of recent decades :eek::eek::eek:

not only did they NOT look like an ncaa tournament team...they really didn't look like a d1 team...

good for tubby and the gophers...will not be awarded any style points...but took care of business :cool02:

Well they beat our asses earlier this year.

TcGold...are you saying you would rather win the NIT championship than play a game in the NCAA?

No, Ncaa is the top of the line, of course i would rather be in the big tourny. Win or lose. Its fun

Top Bottom