Marcus: Gophers after EC Matthews

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per this tweet:

"Tubby is also after Michigan shooting guard EC Matthews, who is at the LeBron James Skills Academy with PF target Kyle Washington."

It looks like Matthews has offers from Arizona, Creighton, Iowa, Providence and USC. He is a 6-4 PG from Michigan and ranked #88 nationally.

Go Gophers!!

Yes please! Can't believe we are in this guys top 4. Have to think Dre flourishing as Tubby's PG has to be helping us with this guy. If we could get him it would be great insurance against Tyus leaving the state.

He lists Indiana in his top 4, does he have an offer?

According to his Rivals profile, Iowa is the only school in his top 4 (Minnesota, Indiana and Iowa State) who has offered.

Nice work Van!

@BWeixScout: The Family 2013 G E.C. Matthews says he doesn't have a Top 4, contrary to reports. "I think they got mixed up."

Go Gophers!!

Yes please! Can't believe we are in this guys top 4. Have to think Dre flourishing as Tubby's PG has to be helping us with this guy. If we could get him it would be great insurance against Tyus leaving the state.

Even if it's not Tyus or EC Matthews, Dre flourishing should eventually lead to a solid PG signing with us.

I have heard that the reason Matthews is not more heavily recruited nationally is that he is a question mark to qualify.

New article on Matthews.

Matthews has a visit planned to Minnesota for the fall and the 6-4 guard sees the potential for early playing time in Minneapolis.

“They don’t really have the guards to attack the basket, so that’s why they like me,” Matthews explained.

http://ny2lasports.com/article_one.aspx?articleid=1003

Go Gophers!!

New article on Matthews.

Matthews has a visit planned to Minnesota for the fall and the 6-4 guard sees the potential for early playing time in Minneapolis.

“They don’t really have the guards to attack the basket, so that’s why they like me,” Matthews explained.

http://ny2lasports.com/article_one.aspx?articleid=1003

Go Gophers!!

Nice! Get this guy and Washington in 2013, go on a little run this year and then get 2 or 3 of the big 2014 class!

EC appears to be more like a combo guard, and we really need another ball handler, primary or secondary, for the 2013 class who is good enough at the 1 yet should not be a threat to Tyus for playing time. EC sounds ideal for the 2013 class. Cedric Hankerson seems to be able to play the role, which is why I guess Tubby offered him. Hope we will be able to get EC, though.

I'm not to worried about Guards - Tyus will be here soon!

His buddy & teammate, PG Wes Clark, committed to Mizzou tonight.

They've talked about the possibility of playing together in college and have even gone on a visit together... but, not sure what the current interest level is between Missouri & Matthews.

Rivals shows that Missouri has offered Matthews. I would assume that his offer still stands.

Top Bottom