Texas A&M in trouble?

coolhandgopher

Reaction score
Might they be going to the NIT because of their loss tonight to Texas Tech or are they safe?

I guess I woruld have to say they are better off after this loss then we will be if we lose tomorrow.

Their RPI is 29 right now, I would expect it to drop to around 40 tomorrow. We were 32, then lost to Mich and saw it drop to where it is today at 41.

Well, like the Gophers, Texas A&M has an overall record padded due to a weaker non-conference schedule. What they dont have is any key non-conference victories, and not a whole lot of top-50 wins, but they do have 23 wins total and i believe they have won 6 out of their last 7 incuding the loss to Texas Tech tonight. The Gophers have a similar record with a few more quality wins in a slightly better conference. The Gophers however ended the season on a low note.

If it comes down to it on selection sunday i think its probably a toss up between the two teams, but lets hope it doesn't come down to that. I doubt it will.

Texas A&M

After a strong finish one bad loss isn't going to knock them out. Beat Mizzou to finish the season. Also have wins over Arizona and LSU. IMO they're in no trouble.

Top Bottom