Crowd

Gopherholefan

Reaction score
Why was their not a standing o for the team when NDSU called a time-out after we started 14-1?? This is the barn we are talking about! In fact, the crowd was louder during the under 12 media TO when the cheerleaders were doing the mini-ball giveaway. Any thoughts??

Crowd was a little tame today because the student section was missing some of the really loud folks do to the Thanksgiving Holiday. It was a nice crowd though for attendance. I think people are still looking for that marquee win to really get excited about the team. And the crowd is old!

"And the crowd is old" hits your point exactly. I'm not a terribly young man, but the I feel like it when I go to the Barn.

My thoughts 1. Holiday weekend lot's of student's and people away from twin cities. 2. The competition sucks. 3. It is still really early in the Basketball season, a lot of people are not in basketball mode, still in football mode. 4. When competition gets better and as it gets later into season and big ten time, I expect the Barn will be rocking with the new talent and people excited about next years class and the general direction of the program.

I guarantee you that when Ohio St. Purdue, Mich St. are here it will be nearly impossible to get a ticket.

The Williams Arena crowd has forgotten how to have fun at a basketball game. Polite applause after a basket. No sustained noise during a defensive stand. All brought on by seven years of mediocre, boring basketball. If you stand now and cheer for a prolonged period, you're the only one in your section doing it. Tubby will bring the program back eventually, but it will take a Big Ten championship run to return Williams Arena to its former glory, I'm afraid.

Top Bottom