Cleveland State

coolhandgopher

Reaction score
As with many of you, seeing their win last night over Butler was a cause for consternation as we get closer to Selection Sunday. But as we get closer to that date, I'm taking the same attitude bga so aptly chose-if they win tomorrow, they are in, if they lose, they don't have any argument to make.

So, seeing Cleveland State make the tourney jogged some old memories. I was in eighth grade when 'Mouse' McFadden lead the Cleveland State Vikings into the Sweet Sixteen. In their opening round they defeated Bobby Knight's Hoosiers, a team I despised back then and I became enamored with Mouse. They eventually lost to David Robinson's Navy team in the Sweet 16, but that Cleveland State team became one of the reason I fell hard for men's college basketball and March Madness. I found this interview with Mouse McFadden from a few years ago. My favorite part is when he talks about Illinois-Chicago defeating them at home.

http://www.sportingnews.com/archives/ncaa/mcfadden.html

As with many of you, seeing their win last night over Butler was a cause for consternation as we get closer to Selection Sunday. But as we get closer to that date, I'm taking the same attitude bga so aptly chose-if they win tomorrow, they are in, if they lose, they don't have any argument to make.

So, seeing Cleveland State make the tourney jogged some old memories. I was in eighth grade when 'Mouse' McFadden lead the Cleveland State Vikings into the Sweet Sixteen. In their opening round they defeated Bobby Knight's Hoosiers, a team I despised back then and I became enamored with Mouse. They eventually lost to David Robinson's Navy team in the Sweet 16, but that Cleveland State team became one of the reason I fell hard for men's college basketball and March Madness. I found this interview with Mouse McFadden from a few years ago. My favorite part is when he talks about Illinois-Chicago defeating them at home.

http://www.sportingnews.com/archives/ncaa/mcfadden.html

My first ever college hoops game was when I was real real young and Cleveland State came to Youngstown States Beeghley Center the year after that tournament run...place was packed.

Top Bottom