Crazy stat from the NDSU game

Stan

Reaction score
In the second half last night they said that that game was the first nationally televised live sporting event ever broadcast from the state of South Dakota. Welcome to 1960 neighbors :clap:

In the second half last night they said that that game was the first nationally televised live sporting event ever broadcast from the state of South Dakota. Welcome to 1960 neighbors :clap:

that is too funny. like you said "welcome to 1960". did they just get color tv's in south dakota as well?!

:D :D :D :D

In all sports, really? They haven't had some rodeo tourneys that are on ESPN and such??
Hmm..

In all sports, really? They haven't had some rodeo tourneys that are on ESPN and such??
Hmm..

i dont think those are usually live, just replays. I happen to know quite a bit about the great state of south dakota, and as far as i can remember that fact is true.

My finacee (who is from Ipswitch, SD) eburst out laughing when she heard that stat.

I guess it depends on how you define national television, but I know NSU has had games televised on CBS College Sports and I'm guessing SDSU has as well.

I guess it depends on how you define national television, but I know NSU has had games televised on CBS College Sports and I'm guessing SDSU has as well.

i think most would define national television as either one of the networks (i.e. nbc, cbs, abc, fox) or a cable channel that is available on practically all levels of basic cable subscibtion (i.e. espn, tnt).

if i am not mistaken i think one can only get cbs college sports (used to be cstv) if you have a digital cable level of service, so its distribution would not be considered national like an espn

i think most would define national television as either one of the networks (i.e. nbc, cbs, abc, fox) or a cable channel that is available on practically all levels of basic cable subscibtion (i.e. espn, tnt).

if i am not mistaken i think one can only get cbs college sports (used to be cstv) if you have a digital cable level of service, so its distribution would not be considered national like an espn

It's arbritrary line. The game last night was on ESPN2, does that count as national televison? It's not on in nearly as many homes as ESPN. I have DirecTV and CBS College Sports is on my main package right next to the BTN and etc. I watch it more then ESPN2 I'll tell you that much.

In the second half last night they said that that game was the first nationally televised live sporting event ever broadcast from the state of South Dakota. Welcome to 1960 neighbors

Oakland University out of Rochester, Michigan vs NDSU.
Poor NDSU, even when they get "respect" they can't get any respect.

Hey, watch it now...

As long as they're the pheasant capital of the world, you won't hear me bashing the great state of SD. Makes for a great hunting trip every year.

Funny side note though. I couldn't believe this last fall;

I fly into Sioux Falls and get my rental car and start heading north on I-29. I get 30-40 miles north and see this on a billboard advertising for a restaurant up ahead:

"Jaeat yet?"

I'm not kidding. True story. I wanted to go back and take a picture but I was late as it was. Made me laugh out loud to myself as I drove. Nothing like perpetuating stereotypes....

If you go to the Bisonville board, they are going crazy because they we're on ESPN, and Sportscenter showed there highlights, and that idiot Paul Allen from KFAN talks about them all the time. I understand it and like the comment from Coach Phillips that it's nice to get attention for ND other than the weather channel, but it's also pretty funny to read all the threads about it. When they first made the move to D1, they used to go crazy because there scores would be shown on the bottom line.

If you go to the Bisonville board, they are going crazy because they we're on ESPN, and Sportscenter showed there highlights, and that idiot Paul Allen from KFAN talks about them all the time.

Johnny, you're right, I just checked out their board and it's hilarious.

There's even a pic of Lakesbison! He's the one with glasses. Now we can mock him appropriately when he comes back.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15840
http://kfan.com/pages/psn_paulallen.html

If you go to the Bisonville board, they are going crazy because they we're on ESPN, and Sportscenter showed there highlights, and that idiot Paul Allen from KFAN talks about them all the time. I understand it and like the comment from Coach Phillips that it's nice to get attention for ND other than the weather channel, but it's also pretty funny to read all the threads about it. When they first made the move to D1, they used to go crazy because there scores would be shown on the bottom line.

Hark! Obsession calls for thee!

Johnny, you're right, I just checked out their board and it's hilarious.

There's even a pic of Lakesbison! He's the one with glasses. Now we can mock him appropriately when he comes back.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15840
http://kfan.com/pages/psn_paulallen.html

click on the kfan link and scroll about half way down. i saw those pics as well. lakesbison sure is a small, funny looking mother f-cker for talking so much sh!t all over the intertubes. then again my guess would be he only talks sh!t to people when he is online. never to their face.

Top Bottom