Games at the dome

Gopherholefan

Reaction score
Does anybody know for sure what games w/ seeds will be played at the dome? ESPN bracketology says that the dome will have the 7 vs 10 and 2 vs 15 games from the south AND midwest regions. Cbs.sportsline says the dome will have the 7 vs 10, 2 vs. 15, 3 vs 14, and 6 vs 11 from the midwest. Then, foxsports says something totally different...does anybody know for sure??

Thanks!

They're all guessing.

The committee determines the schedule and who plays in what site as they meet over the weekend. We could see #1s (I hope not) or a bunch of middle bracket games.

Placement of teams

I believe that, given the economic climate, the Committee is going to try to keep as many teams as possible close to home to reduce travel costs for fans and help boost attendance. Last I heard, they have sold about 12,000 of 30,000+ tickets for the Dome. If that is correct, I expect to see somebody they know will draw (i.e. Wisconsin or NDSU) playing here.

We won't know for sure until Sunday. When the NCAA went to the "pod system" several years ago. We could get eight teams that are all from one region. We could get four teams from one region and four from another region. We could get two No. 1 seeds, we could get none.

I think we're going to get either NDSU or Northern Iowa, I'm not as sure about Wisconsin. While geography is important, I'm not sure if Wisconsin is a No. 6 seed or something that they're going to make a No. 3 seed play essentially a road game in the second round. They might, but they might not.

I believe that, given the economic climate, the Committee is going to try to keep as many teams as possible close to home to reduce travel costs for fans and help boost attendance. Last I heard, they have sold about 12,000 of 30,000+ tickets for the Dome. If that is correct, I expect to see somebody they know will draw (i.e. Wisconsin or NDSU) playing here.

would rather that wisconsin play here than NDSU. higher profile program. only want one of them though. not both. could you imagine all of the "tools" running around minneapolis if both were seeded here?! the horror! no thanks.

It's all a guess at this point. We must wait for the "experts" to announce their plan!
Now get back to work.

Top Bottom