Sid: "Bjugstad is going to have a hard time turning down the money."

Gone...gone...gone. Who would turn down NHL $$$

per Doogie:

"Gophers forward Nick Bjugstad is regularly working out with his teammates, so undoubtedly is talking about next season. But he's no lock to return. The Panthers, who own his NHL rights, aren't applying much pressure, yet are hopeful he'll sign. A source close to Bjugstad maintains that a decision will be coming soon and it's one he's gone back-and-forth on numerous times. It's hard to say what the call will be. One source this week said he'll be back. Another said he's going pro."

http://kstp.com/article/stories/s2630446.shtml

Go Gophers!!

I was told by a friend of his that he was going pro, but that was a month ago. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Personally I think it would be in his best interest to come back for one more year at least. He disappeared at times last year and could use some refinement of his skills on a team where he'll get to play in all aspects of the game. Playing for Florida, either in the pros or the AHL, he's not going to get the kind of ice he'll see at MN. I'm just hoping I'm right because we need him back so we can get back to the Frozen Four!

Then count me as one cheering for a contentious and protracted labor dispute.

Seems to be a likely reason for not hearing much from him on his decision. Maybe he's working with ESPN on a prime-time special broadcast featuring a "decision"...

Nah, how vain would you have to be to do that?

Go Gophers!

per Sid:

"One reason that Gophers hockey star Nick Bjugstad will consider not signing a pro contract and coming back to school is the possibility of an NHL strike."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/twins/158989795.html?page=2&c=y

Go Gophers!!

Another strike, yeah!

I don't think the players understand that it hurts the game when you have long drawn out strikes. I don't think baseball has recovered 100% from theres. I am interested to see the numbers from the NBA this year. I know the heat won but that was more fixing the games again to try and get people to watch.

Top Bottom