Any Gopher fans up for Disneyland in 2009?

tjgopher

Reaction score
Looks like we're going to the tourney in Disneyland in California next Thanksgiving. Portland let the cat out of the bag.

Dan Monson's Long Beach State team in the field. As is UCLA, Butler, Texas A&M, West Virginia, Clemson and Portland. This is a nice field! This should be a good trip! I believe this is the California version of the Old Spice Classic at Disney.

http://portlandpilots.com/news/2008/11/27/MBB_1127085057.aspx

I would say that is a little bit of a step up from the NABC!

That's what I'm....

talkin' about. I may be able to sell this one to my wife.....I'd love to take this trip.

Tournament

I'll be there since I live in the LA area.:)

Nice find TJ

I'm still crossing my fingers that there will be a holiday tournament starting in Lima, Peru while I'm living here ;)

Words of advice-be very careful what you lick down here in Lima. ;)

That's great to hear

The Anaheim 76 Classic alone already is an improvement over this year's nonconference schedule. The Gophers should get at least 2 quality opponents out of the deal.

Hopefully that doesn't give Joe Esposito license to put together another less-than-desirable home schedule. I would expect season-ticket holders will be rewarded as well & get a couple decent games at The Barn, as the Gophers haven't scheduled a BCS program at home in the past 2 seasons (Virginia scheduled as part of ACC Challenge).

I May Be In

Many family and friends in the L.A. area and a possible frequent flyer ticket make this a very doable trip for me, depending on the dates. The sisters will make me sing for my supper, though.

Esposito? Does Tubby have a say?

The Anaheim 76 Classic alone already is an improvement over this year's nonconference schedule. The Gophers should get at least 2 quality opponents out of the deal.

Hopefully that doesn't give Joe Esposito license to put together another less-than-desirable home schedule. I would expect season-ticket holders will be rewarded as well & get a couple decent games at The Barn, as the Gophers haven't scheduled a BCS program at home in the past 2 seasons (Virginia scheduled as part of ACC Challenge).

I would be surprised if JE made decisions regarding scheduling.

Good point. I used JE as my reference point because he widely has been "credited" with this year's nonconference schedule.

Bottom line is the buck stops with the head coach, whether the schedule looks weak, strong or somewhere in between.

Joe Espo does a lot of the work in scheduling/coordinating the "buy" games. That job isn't as easy as one would think because you juggle when the building is available, exam schedules for two schools, other games already on the schedule for two schools and trying to establish some sort of flow to the schedule.

The further along in the process a school gets, the more difficult filling spots becomes as the Gophers might need an opponent on one specific date or one of two specific dates.

Top Bottom