Cheer for Butler tonight!

gophermanic

Banned
Reaction score
They play Cleveland State for the Horizon league championship.

Butler is in with a record of 25-4 and an RPI of 18.

Cleveland St is not with a RPI of 66 and SOS of 121.

The game is 8:00 central on espn 360.

Aren't you the guy that pretty much said the Gophers were dead? If their NCAA chances are dead, then why do you care if Butler wins tonight?

The teams I am rooting for are increasing:

Butler, DePaul, Indiana, NDSU, GOPHERS!!!!!!!!!!

I will always support the university, but in my opinion this has never really been a solid tourney team, maybe next year with some more talent.

Aren't you the guy that pretty much said the Gophers were dead? If their NCAA chances are dead, then why do you care if Butler wins tonight?

I agree. Actually, I'm shocked GM has came out of the hole he's been hiding in to make a post on a day the Gophers haven't lost on.

The teams I am rooting for are increasing:

Butler, DePaul, Indiana, NDSU, GOPHERS!!!!!!!!!!

Dont forget ST JOHNS right now playing Georgetown and RUTGERS playing ND later today.

That makes seven that we need so far, Manic. I gotta be honest...I did not believe, due to previous comments of yours, that you were truly a Gopher fan...I was wrong, and for that I apologize. Let's Go GopherManic and LET'S GO GOPHERS!!!!!!!!

This game is waayy too close for comfort. Tie game with 14 min left...

Tied. Butler will choke this away. They don't need it as much as Cleveland State - and the rams are a GOOD team.

How much extra money does a conference get if they get two games in the tourney? If Cleveland State wins, let the conspiracy nuts banter if Butler layed down to help out their conference!

Long before this game started and longer after it is over I will always ask that question. If you know you are absolutely in and another member from your conference could get in don't you think their are some teams that would lay an egg? I think it happens.

2 point game!

Are you serious? LOL!!!

Why would a team like Butler lay an egg on purpose and risk having a lower seed?'

This is REALLY bad. Cleveland State takes another bubble team's spot with the win.

Game over. This game probably only matters if we lose to NW and if we lose to NW we have no business being in the tourney anyway.

That's correct on both counts.

I was not saying that it was the case in this game, but do you really think it has never happened? My opinion is that it happens, but was not speaking directly about this game.

Agree it only matters if we lose to NW. We just need to take care of our own business.

I was not saying that it was the case in this game, but do you really think it has never happened? My opinion is that it happens, but was not speaking directly about this game.

GG4Fan- If you watched the game Cleveland State had an amazing second half. For about ten minutes every three they tried swished. Butler did all they could but just wasn't hitting shots.

I will always support the university, but in my opinion this has never really been a solid tourney team, maybe next year with some more talent.
The Gophers aren't going anywhere this year. Most people realize that. I think it's very important for the Gophers to make the tourney this year to gain some really valuable experience.

A tourney birth and a round 1 win this year would be the equivalent of a final four run to me. Sweet Sixteen would be like winning it all.

No one is counting on a final four or anything, so dont act like we are.

I am not surprised by the Cleveland State win. Prior to the season I was told by someone who watches almost exclusively Horizon League and UWM hoops they were quite possibly one of the most athletic teams the Horizon has ever seen and could be a force to be reckoned with. Obviously, their regular season didn't turn out as good as I had been led to believe but they could be a Cinderella this year. You heard it here.

GG4Fan- If you watched the game Cleveland State had an amazing second half. For about ten minutes every three they tried swished. Butler did all they could but just wasn't hitting shots.

Yes I watched it and that is why I said I was not referring to this game. The only reason I brought it up was someone brought it up earlier in the thread. Bulter gave it all they had at the end of the game too.

Top Bottom