"Super Size" Big East is underway

Do we know if the Gophers game will be televised in a similar format ?

DePaul leading in last couple of minutes. Is Cincy a bubble?

If they were they aren't anymore 67-57 DePaul. DePaul was 0-18 in the Big East (8-23 overall).

Saw that. Tournaments are always a new season.

History is made in New York (a #16 seed wins)

For the first time in NCAA (D-I men's) history, a 16 seed has won a tournament game. #16 DePaul downs #9 Cincinnati 67-57 at the World's Most Famous Arena. Good for the Blue Demons, who after a winless Big East regular season live to play another day (tomorrow vs. Big East bubbler #8 Providence). Here's hoping the Blue Demons can squeeze out one more win.

OK, thanks SS. Let's go Blue Demons!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the first time in NCAA (D-I men's) history, a 16 seed has won a tournament game. #16 DePaul downs #9 Cincinnati 67-57 at the World's Most Famous Arena. Good for the Blue Demons, who after a winless Big East regular season live to play another day (tomorrow vs. Big East bubbler #8 Providence). Here's hoping the Blue Demons can squeeze out one more win.

LOL :D

I kind of got a hoot out of the "16 seed" reference as well. That's the way the announcer described it when the game ended, so I guess I'll take his word for it.

It seems to me that Providence can't be too happy with this result. They definitely could have used another win over a decent team to improve their bubble position. Playing Depaul really does not do much for them if they win and will remove them from consideration if they lose. What I see with them now is that they have to beat both Depaul and Louisville to get in.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't it have been much better for Providence if Cincinnati had won?

I hadn't thought of that UST. Excellent point. Providence now is basically in the same position as Penn State (vs. Indiana). ... a win in their 1st game does very little if anything to help their resume but a loss would send a loud & clear message.

Go Hoosiers

I would not want to be Penn State playing the Hoosiers in Indy. That has disaster written all over it for the Nits. And that comes from a fan who remmbers the last place Illini beating the 6th place Gophers in Chicago a few years back. Last place teams playing "home" games in conference tournaments is the dark side of these events.

Sooooo.....Let's go Blue Demons and Let's go Hoosiers!!!!!!!!!

p.s. Let's go Bison!

And let's go Dogs....

Butler, that is.....

Would not mind seeing Georgetown lose today either.....

Hoyas down 2 to St. John's at the half

The Hoyas, unlike Cincy, are at least a marginal bubble team. If the Hoyas win 3 straight (today, vs. Marquette, vs. Villanova), I'd rate their chances as pretty good. Let's hope the Redmen hold on.

Dang, it's difficult to get any work done this time of year!

It will be much much worse on Thursday:rolleyes:

Go Gophers! Hopefully Al will hit a couple threes right away and we jump ahead and stay there...

Go Redmen!

No TV for the 1st round of the Big East Tourney .. maybe they are too large? The stream has (as usual) just one camera...Thankfully we won't have to put up with this type of coverage.

Down goes Georgetown

Another lower seed (#13 St. John's) wins at the Big East tourney. Hoyas officially crossed off the list, bubble now has only 22 teams fighting for 11 bids.

Top Bottom