Woodside is leaving! Woodside is leaving!

Moonlight

Reaction score
And Nolen has another game without a turnover. Frankly, I think his lack of turnovers comes at the expense of his defense, wouldn't you say, Mikie?:p

I found myself wondering yet again about Woodside, who we passed on for Rico Tucker. It would have been nice to have a senior point guard like him on our team this year. He's a tough player and, dare I say it, better than Rico.

And Nolen has another game without a turnover. Frankly, I think his lack of turnovers comes at the expense of his defense, wouldn't you say, Mikie?:p

I found myself wondering yet again about Woodside, who we passed on for Rico Tucker. It would have been nice to have a senior point guard like him on our team this year. He's a tough player and, dare I say it, better than Rico.

Only problem is NODAK St. redshirted Woodside one year (in order to keep him eligible for ND St 1st year of eligibility for NCAA tourney) so he likely would have finished his MN eligibility last year ... unless of course Mikie had enough influence over Monson to redshirt Woodside in order to keep Adam Boone on the floor for as many minutes as possible at the PG position a few years back.

Enough about Woodside. He's good. I wish he were a Gopher. That's about it. He'd make us a bubble team this year into a top 32 team, IMO. God Bless him and God Bless Albert Lea and our state that produced him. And his mom and his forefathers. And GO GOPHERS!!!!

Moonlight

I LIKE NOLEN! He is the best PG the Gophers have had since Terrence Simmons. That said, he is NOT one of the top 2-3 PGs in the Big Ten. But, being "only" the 3rd or 4th best point isn't so bad, is it?

Now many posters here have raised Nolen's defense to legendary status and that is not what I've seen on the court. He is a good defender, he gets a lot of steals, but he is doing only a bit above average keeping himself between the defender and the basket. He is not quite Bobby Jackson on defense, yet.

Most important word in your post, Mikie:

At the comparable age, Bobby Jackson wasn't Bobby Jackson yet either.
Much of the excitement about Nolen is we have 3 more years of this young man. I'm giddy just thinking of it!

Just curious if anyone knows if Woodside was recruited by Wisconsin, Iowa, Iowa State, Northern Iowa and other schools in the area? I would assume he would have gone to any of those schools if he was offered. I could be wrong, but it looks like a lot of schools missed on him.

Top Bottom