DJ named to Big Ten All-Defensive Team, Izzo wins Big Ten CoY

ShowinGoldyLove

Reaction score
Travis Walton wins Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year.

Here's the Big Ten All-Defensive Team:
Travis Walton (MSU)
Damien Johnson (MN)
Chris Kramer (PUR)
JaJuan Johnson (PUR)
Chester Frasier (ILL)

Tom Izzo wins Coach of the Year. Ed DeChellis from PSU was the media's pick for Coach of the Year.

I think DeChellis should have been unanimous. Izzo was supposed to have a great team. PSU came out of nowhere.

MNSnowman said DJ couldnt play.
zTTa is half right -- which is a vast improvement over his running average. ;)

When DJ was a redshirt freshman, I wasn't particularly impressed. He was scrawny, seemed out of his element both offensively and defensively and I disagreed with ZTA's assessment of his value. I said at the time that I didn't see him making much of a contribution that year.

Because of my substantial influence and power over Gopher sports, Jim Molinari (the interim coach at the time) decided not to play Johnson very much that year. It's all my fault that DJ didn't see much PT in that year ... if I hadn't been so critical, he would have been playing 50 minutes a game and been named DPOY in that year. (I had phenomenal power in that season because Molinari and I went to different schools together and he knew I could evaluate talent. Plus I'm a helluva golfer -- if you know what I mean.)

I sincerely apologize to all Gopher fans for having exerted this disproportionate influence. Because Molinari had such a wealth of talent that year, he figured he could afford not to play DJ. If only DJ had played more that year, we would have been in the Dance. Maybe the Final Four. But Coach Molinari jeopardized his own career and caved to my vast power and influence.

(OTOH, if we had achieved those things, we'd still have Molinari as coach and Lord only knows where Tubby would be. And zTTa would still be grousing about Monson being fired.)

Now back to your regular programming. :rolleyes:

Snowman. LMAO at your post. You, my friend, have more knowledge than 95% of the posters here. I say only 95% to open up the argument of whom may have more. Thanks for all of your input, your work, and your posts. Dr.Don

When DJ was a redshirt freshman, I wasn't particularly impressed. He was scrawny, seemed out of his element both offensively and defensively and I disagreed with ZTA's assessment of his value. I said at the time that I didn't see him making much of a contribution that year.

Because of my substantial influence and power over Gopher sports, Jim Molinari (the interim coach at the time) decided not to play Johnson very much that year. It's all my fault that DJ didn't see much PT in that year ... if I hadn't been so critical, he would have been playing 50 minutes a game and been named DPOY in that year. (I had phenomenal power in that season because Molinari and I went to different schools together and he knew I could evaluate talent. Plus I'm a helluva golfer -- if you know what I mean.)

I sincerely apologize to all Gopher fans for having exerted this disproportionate influence. Because Molinari had such a wealth of talent that year, he figured he could afford not to play DJ. If only DJ had played more that year, we would have been in the Dance. Maybe the Final Four. But Coach Molinari jeopardized his own career and caved to my vast power and influence.

(OTOH, if we had achieved those things, we'd still have Molinari as coach and Lord only knows where Tubby would be. And zTTa would still be grousing about Monson being fired.)

If the OTOH happened, Tubby would be back at Georgia.

FOT. Why oh why do you have to show your insults to the rest of us by copying an entire post to make one little meaningless comment that consists of pure speculation on your part. All you really have to do is say: "In reference to....." and then make your comment. We already read Snowman's post. Thank you for being less insulting. You often times add a lot to this board, but there are times that you are half-and-half... half dim and half wit.

Well, congrats to Damian, he deserves the nod.

Snowman Spinner.

Cant be honest, either.

True colors showing through. Again.

Delete a post, snowman has AUTHORITY now as a moderator!!!!

Top Bottom