New Bracketology Out...

WriterGoph

Reaction score
Has the Gophers as an #11 seed playing #6 Tennessee. Gotta tell you, I love, love, love that matchup for us.

I really hope we end up as a #10 or #11.

Why ???

Has the Gophers as an #11 seed playing #6 Tennessee. Gotta tell you, I love, love, love that matchup for us.

I really hope we end up as a #10 or #11.

Why would you like that matchup? Isnt TN like Michigan? Tons of 3's !!!!

TN

They don't have any clue how to play defense, but they have much better athletes and scorers than us. A match-up similar to Ohio State or Michigan.

I would also like that matchup....but hey we have to beat NW first to even get to that discussion.

Well one thing about it, we'd be able to get our shots off and we'd kill the boards. Sampson and DJ would have a field day in the paint. UT's interior defense is swiss cheese. Even Al Nolen could slice through that. If we played UT, all we'd have to do is zone them. Make them win from outside cause they are streaky outside shooters. However, UT is very good at causing turnovers on the inbound play, which is where we have a lot of trouble.

An 11 vs. 6 game against an overrated team like Tennessee would be as good as we could hope for. A draw against a weak #3 such as Washington would be outstanding. That would get us to an unbelieveable Sweet 16 -- to do that we need to beat only NW. If we win another game in the BTT, we get a mid-range 9 or 10 seed that only gives hope 1 and out.

Compared to 2 years ago, it's fun to even have hope.

Top Bottom