Future Recruits 2012-2013

mnsports255

Banned
Reaction score
Brady Skjei (D)- Big bodied defenseman with great feet, good hands, and moves the puck well. In addition, he can run the power play. Should end up being a top-line defenseman this upcoming year and is expected to be taken in the 1st round this summer in the NHL draft.

Adam Wilcox (G)- Was in between the bars for Green Bay of the USHL this past season. An agressive-minded goaltender who isn't afraid to come out and challenge a shot. Is a part of the Tampa Bay Lightning organization and will compete for the starting goalie spot this upcoming year with Shibrowski. Ultimately, Wilcox should come out on top.

Mike Reilly (D)- Is a part of the "2 d-men pair" with Skjei expected to come in next season and make a great impact. He and Skjei will be taking playing time or line-spots away from a couple defensemen right off the bat. Reilly will be an instant upgrade along with Skjei fittingly in one of the Gopher's weaknesses this year. "Mikey" is a smaller offensive minded defenseman. He needs to get a bit bigger, but his size shouldn't be too much of a problem... (Rau) Destroying competition with Penctition this season.

Connor & Ryan Reilly (F)- Both coming in extremely old for freshman. (21 yrs) Connor can come in and make an early impact and has okay size. He can be a decent scorer this upcoming year. Ryan has a ways to go and might not have a big impact on the gophers for his first couple years here. Both are with Penctition and tearing it up.

Justin Kloos (F)- Put up HUGE numbers this season with Lakeville South. He is a hard working kid that can flat out score the puck and help others when he is not doing so. He is also a hard-working kid. Won Mr. Hockey in Minnesota this year and faces a decision soon. He most likely will play somewhere else this upcoming season and join the team in 2013. It most likely hinges on a Nick Bjugstad decision.

AJ Michaelson(F)- Good size and is a very quick skater. He also dons a big shot that is only bound to get better. He must work on his physicality and must be more consistent if he wants to take his game to the next level.

Hudson Fasching (F)- It’s undeniable. The character, the talent, everything about Fasching is. We all know what he goes through in everyday life with his siblings dealing with a lasting disease rendering them incapable of walking, talking, or doing basically any everyday tasks. He couldn’t have handled the situation better. He was a standout soccer player at Apple Valley and won the state championship. He made the state tournament for hockey as a freshman and moved out to the U.S. hockey camp in Michigan shortly soon after. I don’t need to break it down too much, because let’s put it this way… he has everything you look for in a hockey player. He will be the centerpiece of the team and on the top line in 2013-2014. Oh, and don’t be surprised if he is a TOP 10 pick in the 2013 NHL draft.

Taylor Cammarata (F)- It seems unreal to put Fasching and Cammarata in the same sentence and soon… on the same team. Cammarata is a smaller forward who is a workhorse. I mean, the kid plays with edge. He is an offensive minded forward who finishes plays and loves to set up goals. He sees the ice so well and is simply a playmaker. He has a pretty good chance to join Fasching in the 1st round of the 2013 NHL draft. Probably as a late first round pick, but worst case scenario will be going in the early-to-mid 2nd round. Played for Waterloo this season.

Some extra names in the 2013 class…

Michael Brodzinski (D)
Louie Nanne (F)
Vinni Lettieri (F)
Gabe Guertler (F)

It's hard not to get excited about the next several years of Golden Gopher Hockey after reading that!

Go Gophers! Drop the Puck Already!

It's hard not to get excited about the next several years of Golden Gopher Hockey after reading that!

Go Gophers! Drop the Puck Already!

I know! Should be many good years to come! Hopefully we can keep locking down the in state recruits and start stealing some from duluth!:eek:

Hope you guys like the thread! It was my first one ever on gopherhole. -Go Gophs

Brady Skjei (D)- Big bodied defenseman with great feet, good hands, and moves the puck well. In addition, he can run the power play. Should end up being a top-line defenseman this upcoming year and is expected to be taken in the 1st round this summer in the NHL draft.

Adam Wilcox (G)- Was in between the bars for Green Bay of the USHL this past season. An agressive-minded goaltender who isn't afraid to come out and challenge a shot. Is a part of the Tampa Bay Lightning organization and will compete for the starting goalie spot this upcoming year with Shibrowski. Ultimately, Wilcox should come out on top.

Mike Reilly (D)- Is a part of the "2 d-men pair" with Skjei expected to come in next season and make a great impact. He and Skjei will be taking playing time or line-spots away from a couple defensemen right off the bat. Reilly will be an instant upgrade along with Skjei fittingly in one of the Gopher's weaknesses this year. "Mikey" is a smaller offensive minded defenseman. He needs to get a bit bigger, but his size shouldn't be too much of a problem... (Rau) Destroying competition with Penctition this season.

Connor & Ryan Reilly (F)- Both coming in extremely old for freshman. (21 yrs) Connor can come in and make an early impact and has okay size. He can be a decent scorer this upcoming year. Ryan has a ways to go and might not have a big impact on the gophers for his first couple years here. Both are with Penctition and tearing it up.

Justin Kloos (F)- Put up HUGE numbers this season with Lakeville South. He is a hard working kid that can flat out score the puck and help others when he is not doing so. He is also a hard-working kid. Won Mr. Hockey in Minnesota this year and faces a decision soon. He most likely will play somewhere else this upcoming season and join the team in 2013. It most likely hinges on a Nick Bjugstad decision.

AJ Michaelson(F)- Good size and is a very quick skater. He also dons a big shot that is only bound to get better. He must work on his physicality and must be more consistent if he wants to take his game to the next level.

Hudson Fasching (F)- It’s undeniable. The character, the talent, everything about Fasching is. We all know what he goes through in everyday life with his siblings dealing with a lasting disease rendering them incapable of walking, talking, or doing basically any everyday tasks. He couldn’t have handled the situation better. He was a standout soccer player at Apple Valley and won the state championship. He made the state tournament for hockey as a freshman and moved out to the U.S. hockey camp in Michigan shortly soon after. I don’t need to break it down too much, because let’s put it this way… he has everything you look for in a hockey player. He will be the centerpiece of the team and on the top line in 2013-2014. Oh, and don’t be surprised if he is a TOP 10 pick in the 2013 NHL draft.

Taylor Cammarata (F)- It seems unreal to put Fasching and Cammarata in the same sentence and soon… on the same team. Cammarata is a smaller forward who is a workhorse. I mean, the kid plays with edge. He is an offensive minded forward who finishes plays and loves to set up goals. He sees the ice so well and is simply a playmaker. He has a pretty good chance to join Fasching in the 1st round of the 2013 NHL draft. Probably as a late first round pick, but worst case scenario will be going in the early-to-mid 2nd round. Played for Waterloo this season.

Some extra names in the 2013 class…

Michael Brodzinski (D)
Louie Nanne (F)
Vinni Lettieri (F)
Gabe Guertler (F)

From what I've heard and read, Guertler is also a fantastic talent. He's a regular for Fargo of the USHL as a 16-year old and finished the regular season with about 20 points. I've heard that some people even rate him even above Cammarata and Fasching in terms of talent. In other words, that 2013-2014 class looks to be a monster group.

Roman tweet in response to this thread:

"Wilcox played for Tri-City most of USHL season. RT @GopherHole: Discussion on #Gophers hockey Future Recruits 2012-2013 bit.ly/HRJCGq"

Go Gophers!!

As I hinted at last night, you can add Christian Horn of BSM to the 2012 class.

Roman tweet in response to this thread:

"Wilcox played for Tri-City most of USHL season. RT @GopherHole: Discussion on #Gophers hockey Future Recruits 2012-2013 bit.ly/HRJCGq"

Go Gophers!!

Haha, Okay thanks Mr Augustovitz. But ya know I gotta come right back at you with a correction of my own then. :) You said in your tweet on April 16th... "Seattle picks Shekinna Strickland with second pick in WNBA draft. She is a 6-2 g/f from Tennessee." Her name is actually Shekinna Stricklen. Haha, good stuff. :)

Sometimes I wonder if I am the only one on this hockey thread.

Aren't we the state of hockey?

Top Bottom