Myron the Psychologist

Gopherholefan

Reaction score
In his latest post on his blog...

http://blogs2.startribune.com/blogs...thwestern-thursday-in-the-big-ten-tournament/

What??Are you kidding me Myron?? Looking into the guys eyes? watching the way they get off of the bus? Watching the way they stretch?? Unbelievable! I'm sorry, but at games at the barn, Myron doesn't get to his seat until the starting line-ups are announced or else if he is there early, he's sitting there reading a magazine, not watching warm-ups and stretching. I can't believe this guy.

I don't remember which game, but he predicted a win because of how relaxed they were during the pre-game warmups. They lost.

In his latest post on his blog...

http://blogs2.startribune.com/blogs...thwestern-thursday-in-the-big-ten-tournament/

What??Are you kidding me Myron?? Looking into the guys eyes? watching the way they get off of the bus? Watching the way they stretch?? Unbelievable! I'm sorry, but at games at the barn, Myron doesn't get to his seat until the starting line-ups are announced or else if he is there early, he's sitting there reading a magazine, not watching warm-ups and stretching. I can't believe this guy.

I hate that he even has a blog. He blogs usually the day after the game, never at half. It is especially annoying because he'll blog before the game. He could care less. I hate that this guy even has a blog because he does not embrace it at all.

I absolutely hate S@#* like this. What he describes as a "non-enthusiastic attitude coming off of buses" turns into a "focused, unemotional strict business-like attitude" if we had won the game at Penn State. You think Michigan State is jumping all over the place and running around the parking lot of Williams when they get off their bus?

My biggest pet peeve of announcers is when a team performs better in the 2nd half and they go....."I don't know what (insert head coach) said to them in the locker room.......but they are a completely different team in the 2nd half."

This isn't a hollywood movie. Games are won by players and strategy...not inspirational halftime speeches or whether a player is bobbing his head to music coming off of a bus.

Please Myron.....we want facts and news, not made-up jibberish that makes you sound smarter than everyone else. Once again, Myron's ego is getting in the way.

Yeah. I usually only glance at his blog anyway, but I think I'm done with it. You honestly get better Gopher coverage from this non-paid website. While his actual game articles have gotten marginally better then last year, he offers way too much of his own uninformed opinion for a beat-writer and is incredibly negative on the team. And seeing how how he votes in his top 25 polls is a crime.

Marcus Fuller at the PP may not be the greatest beat writer who ever lived, but he's 10 times better then this guy. I know times at the Strib are tough, but they can afford 2 fairly good beat writers for both the Twins and Vikings. They should be able to have 1 decent one for Gopher basketball. It's inexcusable. I'll get my Gopher coverage from the PP and GH from now on.

Top Bottom