Sid: Don Lucia doesn’t believe star sophomore Nick Bjugstad will turn pro

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Sid:

"Gophers hockey coach Don Lucia doesn’t believe star sophomore Nick Bjugstad, who was drafted in the first round by the Florida Panthers in 2010, will turn pro, even though Florida has a record of getting its top draft choices signed rather than having them stay in school for an extended period."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/145427825.html

Go Gophers!!

That would be huge. When I have been thinking about our lines next year, I have kind of assumed we would be without Nick because of how complete his game is. Another year of him, Zach and Kyle on a line together would be big for this team.

There is a good chance Sid misunderstood what Lucia actually said. Based on a lot of Sid's declarations, predicitons, etc. over the past few years... this actually makes me MORE nervous.

That would be huge. When I have been thinking about our lines next year, I have kind of assumed we would be without Nick because of how complete his game is. Another year of him, Zach and Kyle on a line together would be big for this team.

If you had to guess, how long do you think Rau stays?

If you had to guess, how long do you think Rau stays?

The good thing for the Gophers is that Rau is small and is more likely to stay all four years, and at least three at a minimum I would think.

Go Gophers!!

The good thing for the Gophers is that Rau is small and is more likely to stay all four years, and at least three at a minimum I would think.

Go Gophers!!

I agree with Bleed that I think his size will keep him here longer, but I don't think we get four years out of him. I would expect three. Ness left after three, and Ness was small, he played defense where size is more important, and Ness wasn't half the hockey player that Rau is. I think Rau is going to play one year after Bjugstad leaves, because Bjugstad is so dominant on the ice that I think the AHL and NHL coaches and scouts in his organization will want to see what he does for a year without Bjugstad helping to generate him chances. Having said that, I think Rau will be just fine without Bjugstad whenever that day comes. The kids a hockey player, he anticipates very well and is one of the most tenacious forecheckers I have ever watched.

Top Bottom