Northwestern...

TubbytownUSA

Banned
Reaction score
"Seth" on the half time show of UNC/Duke just said they were in the tournament and would be a lock with one more win? Anyone else find that very hard to believe?

No, they are a better at large candidate than the gophers....have wins over fla st., mn, mich st., purdue and ohio state. The gophers are riding primarily the Louisville win. If they meet in the first round of the BTT, it will be undoubtedly a play in game.

No, they are a better at large candidate than the gophers....have wins over fla st., mn, mich st., purdue and ohio state. The gophers are riding primarily the Louisville win. If they meet in the first round of the BTT, it will be undoubtedly a play in game.

Please tell me how they are a better at large candidate than the Gophers...that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

There's a lot of Mo for NU. There in if the committee can find justification. It's hard to believe the B10 will have 8 though, so you almost have to pick someone to leave out if they're in. Hopefully not us.

That's a very premature conclusion, seeing as how NW is still playing OSU at this very moment. If NW loses to OSU, they're 8-10 and likely out.

Please tell me how they are a better at large candidate than the Gophers...that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Please tell me how they are not? If we are looking at the quality of wins over the course of the season and how the two teams have played as of late, then yes Northwestern has more to ride on than that of the gophers. I would take wins over Purdue, Mich st. and fla st than one over louisville.

Please tell me how they are not? If we are looking at the quality of wins over the course of the season and how the two teams have played as of late, then yes Northwestern has more to ride on than that of the gophers. I would take wins over Purdue, Mich st. and fla st than one over louisville.

How about 2 over Wisconsin? Or the 1 over Illinois?

NW losses:

at Iowa
at Wisc by 29
at MN by 27

yes they have some good wins but they also have some questionable losses.

Please tell me how they are not?

1 - Far worse RPI (NW is 70th!)
2 - Worse finish in conference
3 - Worse overall record
4 - Worse strength of schedule
5 - Worse non-conference schedule
6 - Bad loss at Iowa

Is that enough? All of those will be factors in addition to the ONE factor you cited in Top 50 wins. Right now, Minnesota's resume is better by a decent margin. That could change in Indy next week.

They are also getting crushed by OSU right now. After they lose that one, they need quite a few wins in the BTT to make it. And they won't beat us, not a chance.

1 - Far worse RPI (NW is 70th!)
2 - Worse finish in conference
3 - Worse overall record
4 - Worse strength of schedule
5 - Worse non-conference schedule
6 - Bad loss at Iowa

Totally agree. I almost choked on my lunch when Seth said that Northwestern was in. I actually almost find it laughable that it was even mentioned.

The media probably feels bad for them because they have never been to the tournament.

Okay Northwestern lost, will everyone stop talking about them going to the Tourney now? Thanks.

I believe that's good for us. NU needs to get to the finals before they can even be in the discussion now, and proably need to win it. Now can we get the miracle upset tonight? Indiana has been playing better and it would be oh so sweet.

Especially with Dumes out...it'll be a tall order for the Hoosiers, at Kohl no less.

I'd rather play NU as compared to Iowa...so I won't be crushed if the BADgers win, although it would be great to watch them lose.

NU

As much as I'm pulling for the Wildcats (just like their style, I guess), they've got a mixed argument at best. Unfortunately you have to look at the entire body of work, not just a handful of brilliant games. That said, if they reach the semis of the BTT, I think they're bubble.

They need a minimum of 2 BTT wins to be a legit bubble team at this point. They were simply the media's 'feel good' story of the moment from Wednesday through now. Before Wednesday nobody said boo, and they'll now be forgotten once again. Also remember who has the #1 broadcast journalism program in america...and where a great many of the talking heads telling you these things went to school.

NW needed that win at Ohio St today for a realistic chance. Now they have a ton of work to do and I think that game might have crushed them. Hopefully we can do to them what we did at Williams Arena last month and SEASON them.

Top Bottom