Our updated "selection sheet"

Reaction score
As bad as this loss feels, we still have a good shot of making the NCAA tourney due to all the other bubble teams' play. Here's our updated sheet from bbstate:

FireShotcapture9--file____C__Use-1.png

And for reference, here's Penn St.'s, the team that we're most likely to be able to "jump" in the big ten pecking order (although conference affiliation has been stated to have no bearing on selection numerous times):

FireShotcapture8--file____C__Use-1.png

My apologies to those whose screen width is narrower than the photo.

It should be noted that Penn State got a win against a higher-rpi team (MN) than when MN beat PSU. So in that way, if comparing teams directly I think you have to throw out those two games and re-analyze (you know what I'm saying)? I'm curious if that would change much. But I do know that someone posted top-50 wins lists a week or so ago and the fact that PSU was not a top-50 team at the time really threw off that number of wins and made PSU look better than they should have compared to the rest.

CS, now according to the spirit of several posters the fact that we lost today automatically means we're the worst bubble team and we suck. Don't bring in that realistic BS. We'll have none of that here.

It should be noted that Penn State got a win against a higher-rpi team (MN) than when MN beat PSU. So in that way, if comparing teams directly I think you have to throw out those two games and re-analyze (you know what I'm saying)? I'm curious if that would change much. But I do know that someone posted top-50 wins lists a week or so ago and the fact that PSU was not a top-50 team at the time really threw off that number of wins and made PSU look better than they should have compared to the rest.

The Gophers sure wish they had a chance to play Iowa at home too.

CS, now according to the spirit of several posters the fact that we lost today automatically means we're the worst bubble team and we suck. Don't bring in that realistic BS. We'll have none of that here.

Sorry Schnoodler. I'll try not to do it again *hangs head in shame*.

For the record, I'm not sure how they come up with their SOS numbers, they seem way off compared to every other site. And I'm also not sure where they get their RPI numbers, but they seem pretty accurate to me.

how "official" is this?

It's official in the sense that it was created exactly as it was presented from the mock selections that the media attended. I guess we have to assume that the NCAA would show the media members the proper sheets as the whole idea was to give them an idea of what it's like behind the scenes. As far as the RPI/SOS numbers they present I don't know how they calculate them. I just find them interesting to use because I like the fancy colors :).

BTW, here's a look at wisky's. If Indy can somehow knock them off tomorrow they may fall further behind both PSU and the gophs.

FireShotcapture10--file____C__Users.png

Top Bottom